• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How wide can I go in the back?

THE STIG

Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
I forgot to mention for those of you who are not mind readers, were talking about a 70 Charger.

How far out are we talking about 1-1.5"? BTW that Coronet is hot.

3 1/2" vs 5"; 1 1/2' don't sound like much, but it your running a 15 x 10 rim and a set of 275.60's, it's far enough.
You will be definitely safe with some 8.5 rims, and they will look good and won't need as much backspacing.

3 1/2" vs 5"; 1 1/2' don't sound like much, but it your running a 15 x 10 rim and a set of 275.60's, it's far enough.
You will be definitely safe with some 8.5 rims, and they will look good and won't need as much backspacing.

Well I've decided to bite the bullet and spend the money on a new set of American Racing. As it turns out I can use the fronts so I just need some for the rear but they'll be 15 x 8" so 275 it'll be. But I wanted to say thanks to everyone for thier input.

Auto Transport Service
Back