• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How would I know if my 69 GTX came with a front speaker?

Lineman

Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
It doesn't have the three speaker dash, and I can't find where a speaker would have mounted? What am I missing? I thought most of these cars came with a front speaker?

Thanks for the help.

hole right above the radio. thats the single speaker mount.

s-l1600.jpg

Look between the defroster locations..
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 6.23.54 PM.png

Does this help? That center hole looks like there is a screw in it with a clip?

PXL_20201109_023235376.jpg

There are two studs with a flat metal band that fit under provisions where the defrost ducts attach. Mine got lost and I used some off of a 69 Mustang. Like Lineman just posted.

I'm sure one can be found for allot less than the close to $50 on that one but at least you know what your looking for...

Another option if your looking for improved sound...

http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm

View attachment 1024519

And if your interested this works very well.... Invisible, syncs to your phone, so your phone is your tuner/music source..

https://www.amazon.com/Resistant-Bl...io&sprefix=blue+tooth+amp+car,aps,214&sr=8-18

Thanks, I think I might just set the factory radio in position and try this Bluetooth thing from Amazon. Do you have any experience with it?

Thanks, I think I might just set the factory radio in position and try this Bluetooth thing from Amazon. Do you have any experience with it?

Yes, I installed one last week in a Dart, it links to my phone quick & easy, once it's connected you can control the music with the little wired remote.... In the install I did I made a little bracket & mounted the remote to existing screws on the back of the console...

Sounds pretty good, it doesn't have enough power if your looking to annoy the neighbors but it has plenty of power to play music louder than you should be listening to it...

IMG_5466.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back