• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How's About an FBBO Silver Membership

Is $40 a year really that much for some people. That's a mere 77 cents a week. :eek:

Anyone who smokes gets through that much loose cash in a day.

giphy.gif

I find it bizzare that people want to be on this forum building Very rare mopar cars and doing these elaborate build threads but won’t fork out $40 per year. It’s literally nothing to be on here for what you get out of it

You'd be surprised how many think $40 is too much. Just look at the percentage of members who don't pay vs those who do. My idea is would mean more paying/supporting with dollars not just posts. I don't think it's wise to turn down money for any reason.

You'd be surprised how many think $40 is too much. Just look at the percentage of members who don't pay vs those who do. My idea is would mean more paying/supporting with dollars not just posts. I don't think it's wise to turn down money for any reason.
So when $20 is too much, do we then offer Bronze memberships, and then Tin, Copper, Iron and lowest of the low - Wooden Memberships?

I think what we have here is doing the job, and ultimately Joey decides the rate of the Membership add-ons.

Forty bucks is not that much. I know of several members who have forked out multiple times for Golds for other members. :)

Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze.

Yes, ultimately the decision belongs to the site owner. He could set the cost for each and bring in much more revenue.

How about $39.95?:lol:
Works for me!! :D

So when $20 is too much, do we then offer Bronze memberships, and then Tin, Copper, Iron and lowest of the low - Wooden Memberships?

I think what we have here is doing the job, and ultimately Joey decides the rate of the Membership add-ons.

Forty bucks is not that much. I know of several members who have forked out multiple times for Golds for other members. :)
How bout lead membership? :D The Dodge Cummins site was 35 bucks years ago and they didn't offer anything for free except for their magazine which was pretty dang good! Don't know what the Cummins site charges now since I haven't been there in several years but if you wanted to post any questions, you had to anti up....

You'd be surprised how many think $40 is too much.
I don't think it's wise to turn down money for any reason.

I agree with you 100%
a watered down silver type membership with less bennies still helps support the site
and encourages more to participate.
Isn't what this is all about???

some people are on fixed incomes , lean times..ect.

the way it sounds is the site must be doing very very well as is
and doesn't give 2 craps it could make a few extra bucks.. LOL

but what do I know?
**** if it was my site
I would even have a 5 dollar donate button with certain acknowledgement of the donor
to help the cause.
or even make a stupid honorary a donor list
or send them a fbbo sticker in a envelope
but the site must be very profitable to set a firm limit and doesn't need
the extra coin I guess..
that's my wooden nickle ..

Last edited:

Amen brother, am one of those lucky ones :D

$40 is over $50 for us Canadians (and presumably Australians) but I'd gladly pay that much for an FC7 Purple membership. :)

$40 is over $50 for us Canadians (and presumably Australians) but I'd gladly pay that much for an FC7 Purple membership. :)
$40 is about $60 of our money, and to me it is worth paying for a Gold. :thumbsup:

BTW....I am not ashamed to say that I am a habitual Gold Fairy. :p

Some sites have a 'tip can' so members can throw in a bone for when they feel they got helped out on something that stumped them.....

$40 is about $60 of our money, and to me it is worth paying for a Gold. :thumbsup:

BTW....I am not ashamed to say that I am a habitual Gold Fairy. :p
Geez Joey doesn't give you free Gold member----.

Auto Transport Service
Back