• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HP manifold gaskets

Polara383500

Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
Looking for gasket that fit the HP’s better the remflex ones doesn’t seem to cover the HP’s completely.

oh some small blocks had on drivers side but it was more of a heat shield for plug wires.

But they are readily available from any jobber..
beerestoration2017 315.JPG
beerestoration2017 316.JPG
beerestoration2017 325.JPG

Not sure what more you want covered, they worked just fine on mine. You can even see them sticking out around the edges of the manifold...

factory never used gaskets, except for hemi and max wedge.
Feedback I'm getting says the Hemi didn't use them either. They were attached to the heads with bolts and the conical washers as some small blocks used. I'm having my Hemi exhaust manifolds surfaced at present and going to not use gaskets. Also my 440 67 GTX survivor has no gaskets and has never been apart and I reassembled the 440 in my Superbird without gaskets because the exhaust manifolds were original to the car. No exhaust leaks at present.

I always use the ones posted too. I’ll usually trim the links between the studs off so you can’t see them. No issues sealing.

As mentioned factory did not use gaskets on most exhaust manifolds. I have had great luck using high temp RTV. A bead around each port and let it set up 30 minuets, install snug but not tight, let sit up overnight, then tighten down. As long as your surfaces are square works great.

IMG_0944.JPG

As mentioned factory did not use gaskets on most exhaust manifolds. I have had great luck using high temp RTV. A bead around each port and let it set up 30 minuets, install snug but not tight, let sit up overnight, then tighten down. As long as your surfaces are square works great.

View attachment 1110991
Just a little trivia here,,,,, RTV= room temperature vulcanization.

No gaskets on 440 tried them and cracked manifolds due to torquing I guess, so repaired the cracks and ran them across surface grinder and no leaks , just my opinion of course!

I put rtv on my finger (with a glove) and smear on thin. Still slightly squishes out when tightening so no need for an actual bead of the stuff, IMO.

fm1ULy.jpg

pnBCFpC9j.jpg

I have had great luck using high temp RTV. A bead around each port and let it set up 30 minuets, install snug but not tight, let sit up overnight, then tighten down. As long as your surfaces are square works great.

This is exactly what I've been doing for years. I find it works well especially if the surfaces are not true.

Auto Transport Service
Back