• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hubcap Question

Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
I have some original 62 Plymouth dog dish hubcaps with an inside diameter of 9 5/8" if I can read my tape accurately. Unfortunately, they are too small for the wheels. It is hard to get an exact measurement on the wheels since the three retaining nubs are staggered. However, my best estimate is that a 10" cap is required. I found a cap that I would like to use at Classic Industries, but no one there can tell me what the rim diameter of the inside of the hubcap is. Here is the link to the item MD2309. https://www.classicindustries.com/p...MIr_bWmZWH6gIVSr3ACh3RZwe2EAQYASABEgIv7fD_BwE
If someone knows the measurements of this hubcap, I would appreciate any information available. I hate to order these caps without knowing if they will work in advance.

The early wheels, which your 62 should be, were considered 10" hubcap centers. Somewhere around 66/67 (im not sure) mopar changed to 9" hubcap centers. If you have later wheels on your car, the classic ind.caps you referenced will work, but if you still have the 1962 wheels, they won't, they will be too small. A member here, @duster22 sells centers to put in later 15"hoops that use the earlier 10"caps , and knows all about the wheel/cap interchange, and what will work with what. You can p.m. him for help. He will probably also respond here.
Also, no offence meant, are you sure you have original 62 caps?

That cap is a 9 inch cap , will not work on the early wheel. Can you post a pic of the wheel you are referring to ( the one where the Mopar cap will not fit) I am wondering if you have F*rd wheels. Just trying to help.

Frank

I have come to the conclusion that the wheels are aftermarket wheels. They appear to be new, powder-coated, and identical to the Mopar wheel, except for the nubs that are used to retain the cap are larger than stock. I have decided to use the die grinder to remove a little material from each nub to make the original hubcaps fit. Thanks for all the responses.

Auto Transport Service
Back