Hughes Performance torque converters

Wietse

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
I must say it is quite disappointing to never receive any email back from Hughes Performance.
Someone already mentioned they are hard to get a reply from, but how do they run their business if they even don't reply on a simple email?

Anyhow, I will hopefully be ordering a 24-30 converter for my car next month.
Now it is waiting for my new garage construction to be finished and get myself a 2 column lift in there to do this job the easy way.

Wietse

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
Just another question regarding the 727 transmission input shaft.
Since I will pull the tranny, I want to rebuild it at the same time and tweak the valve body as well with an upgrade, both which can be done with TCI their rebuild kit.
As per my understanding an (early) 1969 A727 has a 24-spline input shaft, right?
I am looking at TCI their website on their Overhaul kits, there it says '62-'70 19-spline (non-lockup) for kit 128800, and for the '71-'79 24-spline for kit 128900.
This is opposite from what I know, maybe I got it wrong?
Build date code is 2534, 5th July 1968.

I know there is probably "better/stronger" kits out there but I am not a racer and I am a lot more limited on availability of choices then you guys on this side of the pond.
I might move over to CRT their stuff, incl. converter...need to see how that works out with price and shipping.

Last edited:

TrackPack

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
I must say it is quite disappointing to never receive any email back from Hughes Performance.
Someone already mentioned they are hard to get a reply from, but how do they run their business if they even don't reply on a simple email?

Not sure about Hughes, but many shops are running with minimal staff these days.