• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hutton Scott - Charolette NC

ViperGTS

Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
In researching the history of our ‘63 330 we now know it was a sold order shipped to Hutton Scott in Charolette. It looks like they had ties to Nascar even sponsoring Bobby Allison in ‘69. Anyone have information on this dealer and any potential ties to NHRA in ‘63? Sounds like Scott Jaguar may be related in some way to the original dealership.

Thanks for reading!

sorry never heard of that name/guy

did you do any type of internet search ?

something like 33 Lightweights (IIRC don't quote me)
of the 63 330 Dodges were org. produced

shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down

good luck

Don't remember a dealership in Charlotte called Hutton Scott. But I'm just 62, a mere babe!

I was 11 in 69. Hardly no TV at that time
They must have sold out or closed not long after that! Charlotte tv is what we watch here but 60 miles away. TV was not good here until later.

Thanks DeltaV!

Thanks for the responses. I’ve searched the name and there isn't much to be found so far. It appears the dealership may have been located at 300 W Fifth St. In 1961 it looks like they worked with Holman Moody.
CA1B202B-8A7C-4C26-9BF2-83EF33D9CDEB.jpeg

Another random picture - Other than that I haven’t been able to find much.

upload_2020-1-14_19-4-35.jpeg

I was 11 in 69. Hardly no TV at that time
They must have sold out or closed not long after that! Charlotte tv is what we watch here but 60 miles away. TV was not good here until later.

That very well could be. The Charger Daytona registry shows 1 being sold (or at least delivered) to them in ‘69. Haven’t found anything past that yet.

sorry never heard of that name/guy

did you do any type of internet search ?

something like 33 Lightweights (IIRC don't quote me)
of the 63 330 Dodges were org. produced

shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down

good luck

Thanks Budnicks - ours was an early ‘63 car before the lightweight production started - lightweight package was added sometime after leaving the factory - not sure if that will end up helping us narrow down some history or make it harder. Not sure how many cars were built like ours in ‘63.

My 69 Charger was sold at Hutton-Scott. The dealership was on south Caldwell St in downtown Charlotte (now a parking lot). In 1971 (or so) they dropped Dodge and became Scott Buick. They moved to Tyvola Ave at some point and the existing location became Arnold Palmer Cadillac prior to becoming a parking lot. Eventually Scott Buick gave way to Scott Jaguar. Scott Jaguar recently sold to Hendrick. The namesake Scott passed away many years ago, his son Jim Scott is an active car collector (mostly Buick muscle cars) and still lives in town.

My 69 Charger was sold at Hutton-Scott. The dealership was on south Caldwell St in downtown Charlotte (now a parking lot). In 1971 (or so) they dropped Dodge and became Scott Buick. They moved to Tyvola Ave at some point and the existing location became Arnold Palmer Cadillac prior to becoming a parking lot. Eventually Scott Buick gave way to Scott Jaguar. Scott Jaguar recently sold to Hendrick. The namesake Scott passed away many years ago, his son Jim Scott is an active car collector (mostly Buick muscle cars) and still lives in town.
That's an amazing amount of knowledge you just provided Brian. Gotta love FBBO!!! Thanks for being such a valuable member. :thumbsup:

Wow!! Good to know there is still a link to their past. Would love to touch base Mr Scott someday to see if he knows anything about it. So far its been a dead end! Thanks for taking the time and the information!!

Auto Transport Service
Back