• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hydro Boost for 70 Charger

polyjohn

Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Gonna take the plunge and go Hydro boost for my Charger.
Any body on here do the conversion kits?
If not 'best value' supplier please.

Thanks from Jon

Hi Folks,

Gonna take the plunge and go Hydro boost for my Charger.
Any body on here do the conversion kits?
If not 'best value' supplier please.

Thanks from Jon
Absolutely love mine, the best setup for any street car, the brake's feel like a modern car super responsive, I did the whole wildwood set up, hands down one of the best up grades I made to the car!!

IMG_4605.JPG IMG_4606.JPG IMG_4604.JPG IMG_4600.JPG

I too want to do this upgrade but so far$$$ Hoping the price starts to drop once more offerings start to pop up.

I have a hydratech unit in my e-body build. I've only moved it around a few times...but it feels good.

I spoke to soon, holy cow has the price come down! Just found them at Speed mfg for $450, now that's reasonable or even the $650 that Hydratech wants. Looks like the time has come for me to ponder this a bit more.:thumbsup:

I made my own "kit" for my 68 Charger - Ramcharger master cylinder, rebuilt asto van hydroboost, fittings, pressure lines, and all that - mounting plate was from Talon hydraulics -- whole set up cost me about $250

100_0610.JPG

I made my own "kit" for my 68 Charger - Ramcharger master cylinder, rebuilt asto van hydroboost, fittings, pressure lines, and all that - mounting plate was from Talon hydraulics -- whole set up cost me about $250

View attachment 716157
Rolling Thunder can you be more detailed with parts you used? Like what year Astro van etc...

View attachment 716157
I've been leaning towards doing the same, I've got the machines to make any adapters so why not. Please do share any details.

That is all these companies do anyways even on disc brake kits, buy a common booster and MC and build adapters then sell it.

The Astro Van Hydroboost was out of a 1990-1995 Van - mine specifically was a 1992.

Master Cylinder was a 1992 Dodge Ramcharger unit (slight filings to mounting holes was needed to slightly alter bolt pattern)

Talon hydraulics had the plate - I asked for one without their logo and they now sell them that was IIRC

Used correct fittings to -6AN for feed (IIRC -6AN to 1/2-20) banjo

Biggest thing that required "work" was making the AN fitting for the return -- I believe it was -6AN to 11/16"-18 --- this fitting needs to be drilled out for the check ball and spring to seat correctly. I measured the depth of the factory box fitting and drilled the new fitting to the same depth

The factory Power brake lines from inline tube basically fell into place and worked with this set up as well.

The pushrod was replaced with a threaded stud and just used an adjustable clevis for the linkage rod to attach to the brake pedal

I believe all this was correct but keep in mind I did this back in 2009 so my mind is a bit hazy - double check fittings sizes before ordering!

100_0589.JPG 100_0564.JPG

Absolutely love mine, the best setup for any street car, the brake's feel like a modern car super responsive, I did the whole wildwood set up, hands down one of the best up grades I made to the car!!

View attachment 715902 View attachment 715903 View attachment 715904 View attachment 715905
That looks allot cleaner than I thought it would.
I need to do both a PS and PB upgrade to my bird and this is the way I'm going. I have been studying Matt Sweeting's site for a while, but have not called them yet with questions. He has several videos on YouTube as well. Seems like the best outfit out there that I have found. http://www.powerbrakeservice.net/

I also made my own
Used a 2010 ram 3500 system.

EVERY diesel truck has one. Just have to reclock and maybe change up pushrod.

I installed a Hydroboost kit and it made my brakes feel a LOT more responsive. I had to use a booster because my camshaft makes too little vacuum to run the factory booster setup.

On the down side, I find that my steering pump gets rather hot and pukes fluid out of the filler... still can't determine if it's the pumps fault or the hydroboost.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Auto Transport Service
Back