• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m not seeing $160,000

440 PHIXX

The Island of Misfit Mopars
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Junkyards are littered with LS motors. It’s got bigger rims and tires, better shocks. And it doesn’t even have a clutch. All these “mods” could be done by a high school kid in his driveway.

'77s - courtesy of Burt - are the Pontiac version of 2nd gen Chargers - stupid money. Nice looking car...looks nicely done. Might even be one that was done at Joe Martin's shop? He did one like it, anyway, on his show a couple seasons ago...

Hell...I OWN a 2nd gen Charger, and *I* don't understand the money they bring! I have mine because mom had one she bought new...cousin wrecked it in '76...and I've always wanted one so I found the closest thing I could to her car's twin...and snagged it for a good price because it's unrestored, untouched, total survivor.

If it had an LS7 and a 7 speed out of a C7, it might make sense. It’s a pickup truck engine. Maybe a mid 14 second car. I’d rather have the W72 Pontiac 400 and the 4 speed. But I still think you’re looking at $40k tops. In my opinion. :D

Here’s some perspective… money wise.

I watched this vid last night. Since they are both automatics, I think I’d buy the one that is $54,000 less.

Auto Transport Service
Back