• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't want HOSED!!!!

Longknife

Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
I need six hoses (for a mopar non b-body) and find prices from all over the place! I am sure all are required to meet DOT standards but is a 10 dollar hose as good as a 40 dollar hose??? I find a lot of foreign manufacturers. Are any made in the US anymore? ....Thanks, Ed

I bought my steel brake lines from Online Tune and my flexible lines from Doctor Diff because they came as part of the brake kit.

I recently replaced front brake hoses on my 67 Coronet. I shopped RockAuto, and paid more for the Raybestos name brand than their Chinese "Sunsong" brand hoses. Well, when I got my new hoses in the pretty Raybestos boxes, the damn rubber hoses had Sunsong printed on them.....Same hoses, just had a paper tag with the Raybestos part number on them.

I recently replaced front brake hoses on my 67 Coronet. I shopped RockAuto, and paid more for the Raybestos name brand than their Chinese "Sunsong" brand hoses. Well, when I got my new hoses in the pretty Raybestos boxes, the damn rubber hoses had Sunsong printed on them.....Same hoses, just had a paper tag with the Raybestos part number on them.
Should have shopped at Napa

I got a cheap set once for my 47 Buick was a factory replacement! They came from Australia of all places well they were made great except the thread pitch was wrong had to toss them and order a set from china.
I just an american brand and there marked china so who knows

when I got my new hoses in the pretty Raybestos boxes, the damn rubber hoses had Sunsong printed on them.....Same hoses, just had a paper tag with the Raybestos part number on them.

and you're surprised by this ?!?!?

I got a cheap set once for my 47 Buick was a factory replacement! They came from Australia of all places well they were made great except the thread pitch was wrong had to toss them and order a set from china.
If they came from a company called "Safebrake" you got hosed by a little Asian posing as an Australian who has an office in Melbourne, Australia, and lives in the Philippines. He is a crook and a fricken liar. More importantly, he only makes brake hoses with Metric fittings.

Bogus company and a criminal IMHO....and the people who run our local national auction site won't do a thing about his deception ... must be a ***** (can't say it here) :mob:

All I know is there is one great guy in NZ that ships hoses before you even pay for them...
superbirdcleanup20182019 506.JPG

If they came from a company called "Safebrake" you got hosed by a little Asian posing as an Australian who has an office in Melbourne, Australia, and lives in the Philippines. He is a crook and a fricken liar. More importantly, he only makes brake hoses with Metric fittings.

Bogus company and a criminal IMHO....and the people who run our local national auction site won't do a thing about his deception ... must be a ***** (can't say it here) :mob:

Yup that's him

You can get hydraulic hoses made by just about any mobile hose maker that services the trucking industry. They have a truck load of fittings and hose, and pop them out right on site.

Auto Transport Service
Back