• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I doubled my money on that Z28

SteveSS

Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
I sold it yesterday to the second person looking at it. I thought about fixing it up but then I thought what the hell? If it sells like this I would be happy. Not bad for owning it for one week.

I don’t think many people would begrudge you if you bought the car simply to make some money.
People DO get pissed when members post on and on about some car they really want, then they sell it right away. Members invest some time in congratulating you, wishing you well, then the car is sold. This makes people feel used sometimes. Nobody likes to feel like they cheered for someone that threw the game.

It was a combination of a motivated seller who was offering a car quite a ways from a large population center. $5K profit, one week, I did spend an hour cleaning the wheels. I buy a lot of cars to flip, it just doesn't happen that fast usually. I think my neighbors were freaking out. I have my daughter's 1981 BumbleBee in the driveway, so when another yellow 2nd gen showed up they had to think WTF?

I hear you, we have to pay for this hobby somehow. My flips usually need much more work than appears and then I have to put too much time and too much money in them to make any kind of profit. I never learn! I need to do what you did,polish the wheels and flip them!

I don’t think many people would begrudge you if you bought the car simply to make some money.
People DO get pissed when members post on and on about some car they really want, then they sell it right away. Members invest some time in congratulating you, wishing you well, then the car is sold. This makes people feel used sometimes. Nobody likes to feel like they cheered for someone that threw the game.
Wow , that was stated properly.
If a guy just comes out and says, "I screwed an old widow out of her car, and next week I'm going to screw a kid out of his savings" he would have more followers, likely.
May as well be honest.
No disrespect to anyone. But I've seen people bend over to help a guy with his dream project, and then he blows it off for a tidy profit.
This is where I start asking who exactly needs this rare part I have...

Congrats , I have no problem with making some money on something .

Sometimes its bought solely for that. ...... other times its a simple change of the mind or direction .

I own 1 car and 1 car only that cant be bought.
(((( Well, it can be as well if you're an idiot with a HUGE stash of money burning a whole in your pocket , But thats another story in itself )))))

If I buy a car from you, or sell you a car . IMO that means we were both were happy with the amount and has absolutely no bearing on what happens to said car after the exchange is made .
You give me what I want for it. i dont care if you flip it or burn it to the ground. Its your car not mine .
Same rule applies if I buy your car

Last edited:
I think those second generation Camaros and Trans Ams are a good place to make money these days. You can still find them cheap if you look hard enough and the market has really came up on them for resale. They started up about 3 or 4 years ago for the late 70's ones that no one wanted previously.

Auto Transport Service
Back