• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I finally bought it.

cbodybob

Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
1966 Belvedere II. I first looked at this car 3 years ago. Made an offer that was quickly rejected. Over the years I would check in. Still no sale. THEN THURSDAY night the phone rings. You still interested in that ole Plymouth. Ehhh I don't know. How much you need. And the negotiations restarted. Long story short I picked it up saturday. The car WAS a 273/3 on the tree 8 3/4 one legger. He installed a 440, forged Pistons, forged crank, .500 inch Lunati cam, MOPAR stage 6 heads, Hemi 18 spline 4 speed, all new Moog suspension & disc brakes, 3:23 sure grip. Full of spare parts & more parts in storage. Some new. Drove it on my trailer. My very first 4 speed car & it's a big block. The body is solid. One little hole behind the drive seat. Also has a pair of TTI headers & full duals

Looks like you have some labor of love ahead of you - but she'll be sweet when done

Car looks great and looks like some good stuff in the trunk too! Good going!

Once you go 4 speed, its REAL hard to go back because it is so much more fun shifting!! Congrats on your score, and great luck putting it together!

Nice car, had that color on my Charger it was Dodge Turbine Bronze. Looks like you found a real diamond in the rough.

image.jpg
I got if off the trailer this morn. Fired up on 3rd try with a week battery. Need to put it on a slow charge today. I drove it around the yard a bit

Is the sheet metal missing where the C pillar meets the quarter?

You're gonna have fun with that.

My brother had to do that on his 66.

IIRC there were five layers of sheet metal spanning various distances, all sandwiched together.

.....and it's structural.

For the roof anyway.

No everything is good. The guy took the back glass out & most of the trim because he was going to get it painted. He hit a few bumps in the road & stopped working on it. Then lost interest. So I have plastic covering the back glass for now. He bought a new gasket. I want to trim paint that area before I put the glass back in

good.

Nice car.

Wow that's an interesting story. Glad your persistence finally paid off. That will be a sweet ride with a coat of paint to finish her off.

Thank you fellas. I went over today after work & picked up some more new parts he had bought for it.

Auto Transport Service
Back