• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found a 426 Hemi on eBay for 9500

TheSwede

Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
I looked at the ebay ad. It looks a little suspicious to me. I stay away from it. He might contact you and fish you for info.

Looks like it could be legit, but I would still stay away from it. His BIN is the same as the standard list price, which is probably the only price he will sell it for. Also, this could well be an older one when the QC absolutely sucked, so it will probably require a complete tear down to check all clearances, etc.

P.S. There is no way he paid $17.5K for a standard MP 426 crate engine. Dealers sell them for around $12K brand new.

http://www.douglasjeep.com/mopar-performance-parts.htm?gclid=CKm2m96WiKkCFQkMbAod-Wzzng

I wouldnt worry to much on the negative feedback, if you notice the auction ended on the 27th of March and he left the negative feedback April 2nd. I am pretty sure it would take more than 5 days to ship 4 rims and tires.

Looks really shakey to me...He has only the engine for sale at this time...Usually sellers have at least a few items at a time..He just burned a guy for almost 2 grand for a set of wheels...I buy and sell all the time and I would steer away from this guy for sure...
Petty Blue 67 gTx

Look again at his + feedback, one of them says: "NEVER PAID--SELLERS BEWARE". If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Engine sold, but not to me. 1 bidder and $ 9500, it will be interesting to follow up the seller, I doubt he will sell it for $ 2500 under BIN.

Auto Transport Service
Back