• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found a Hemi SS/AH car I want

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of getting into the SS/AH racing and found a car that might fit the build.
I might have to sell something so I can fit it in my corral.
I don't think it would be as competitive as most of the cars but it sure would be fun,
What do you think?

You know how you make a small fortune in drag racing?
It would be euphoric to run with those guys for sure. I guess thats whats most important. Hell, if you can swing it, go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Super stock hemi cars. Think 68 hemi darts and barracudas. So what car did you find?

it's a barracuda. I'm trying to work out the details. It's in the preliminary stages so don't want to say what car it is yet?
It has one hell of a paint job on it.

The 'Cuda would be my choice, but another Hemi, how could you turn it down. Most of those AH motors are making 1050 plus horsepower on just 426CID.

I've been toying with the idea of getting into the SS/AH racing and found a car that might fit the build.
I might have to sell something so I can fit it in my corral.
I don't think it would be as competitive as most of the cars but it sure would be fun,
What do you think?

Would this car happen to be in Grafton WV?

I've always loved them B029 S/S Hemi cars, who wouldn't...LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF65ZHdDez8

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBtdbm3EOws

- - - Updated - - -

There's one {red} for sale out here in Ripon Calif. for $115k/$70k roller
on Racingjunk.com
under the Super Stock listing
great colorful paint job

another one both beautiful cars too, either would be great cars,
red one was runner up at US Nationals Hemi Shoot Out,
don't know much about the gold car

Attachments

• 68 Barracuda Hemi SS-AH BO29 for sale on Racingjunk.com $115k.jpg
    68 Barracuda Hemi SS-AH BO29 for sale on Racingjunk.com $115k.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 741
  • 68 Barracuda Hemi SS-AH BO29 for sale on Racingjunk.com $55k West Virginia Hillbilly.jpg
    68 Barracuda Hemi SS-AH BO29 for sale on Racingjunk.com $55k West Virginia Hillbilly.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,225
Awesome cars.
I've been working on mine and hope to have it out in AH trim in 2016.
Mopar needs to step up and help with blocks. Getting a lifter bore delete is near impossible anymore since the production has stopped. If they don't start producing them I think it's going to hinder genII Hemis in super stock. Thankfully I got mine from westcott, last one he had and have been getting all my stuff from him.

The technology in the cars is astounding considering what they are. And there are several nice cars out there for sale.

There's a real nice Barracuda down this way racing hard out....

[video=youtube;wW2gS_mhjcM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW2gS_mhjcM[/video]

:headbang:

My neighbor and chassis builder Ken Kier has built several of those cars for clients. Anyone else know Ken ??

go for it a BO29 cuda would be awesome that's one of my dream cars

I really wanted to put together one of these cars that could at least hang in the top 10. I had several conversations with Jeff at Modern on the cylinder head part of it so I started digging deeper. I found out it'd be way cheaper to just buy one for $100-150K than reinvent the wheel so to speak so I just gave up on the idea. If a guy wanted to waste a quarter million and have a blast, campaigning one of these cars would be a good way to do it.

If thats what you want and can do it, Go for it. That class is very expensive to run and be competitive. Is the car your looking at a roller or complete?

Ray

Auto Transport Service
Back