• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I give. Going back to mech fan setup. Need purchasing advice.

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
Now that I’m getting my radiator re-cored, I don’t want to poke any more zip ties through the cooling fins for my electric fans. I want to go back to a mechanical set up. I’d like to know which fan, clutch, and shroud you guys recommend. I only want to buy these once. It’s a 1970 440 B body set up non ac.

I also see two different fan shrouds. Some look centered and some look offset I assume I need the offset shroud. How can I verify I’m buying the right one?

Looks like Mancini has all three pieces. I assume those match the original and work well?

Never mind. I found the parts I need.

Sonny you should post what you bought for the next guy who wants to do what you did.
THIS!! I have just added a CVF Wraptor serpentine belt and accessories system, I only have 3" of clearance between the Cold Case aluminum radiator and the face of the pulleys and tensioning arm, and if the 2 speed 17" puller fan and shroud assembly doesn't keep the 440 6bbl cool, I'm going to need options in a HURRY!
:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

Auto Transport Service
Back