• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got a warning Saturday night too.

Dodge 330

Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
They tracked me down in the staging lanes after the first pass. Told me to slow it down!

11.38 @ 121 mph with no rollbar and a lap belt.:D

It made the drive home more enjoyable...:rolleyes:

Gives you a good feeling dont it ?? Ron

What are the requirements for drag racing - do you need a helmet? What else for say an 11 second car?

A buddy was doing the same thing...running 1/8th and getting by but they he put it out one night and ran a high 9 during a 1/4 mile race. They didn't tell him to slow down lol. He was legal for 11.50's but not 9's...

A buddy was doing the same thing...running 1/8th and getting by but they he put it out one night and ran a high 9 during a 1/4 mile race. They didn't tell him to slow down lol. He was legal for 11.50's but not 9's...

They used to turn a blind eye for the most part but we had an import racer get killed at this track a few weeks ago. Wasn't even a good 6 pt. bar and lots of other issues and he was running 9's @ 150 mph!

It was a Honda CRX that bad the structural integrity of a soda can.

They used to turn a blind eye for the most part but we had an import racer get killed at this track a few weeks ago. Wasn't even a good 6 pt. bar and lots of other issues and he was running 9's @ 150 mph!

It was a Honda CRX that bad the structural integrity of a soda can.
The track will get back to being blind again once they see the bottom line $$$ wise is doing when half of the cars can't tech in. At least that is what happens in this area. My cars are usually legal but there have been times when something was expired like seat belts. The only reason why that rule came into play was because of the guys that just leave their junk on the trailer outside and the sun kills the belts or they were using crap that was 20 years old. Several years back I went through tech with my belts 6 months out of date and the tech looked them over and stuck the dot on the windshield anyways. It was a test and tune night so maybe that was why but I'm sure they wanted the $$$'s too lol

11.49 and faster needs a bar but the new cars can get away with murder...:mad:

I have a full face helmet now that I wore.
I do understand that the new cars are safer, but they really are getting away with alot. Some even have their fuel lines routed through the cabin from the factory...

Nice pass anyway...

I do understand that the new cars are safer, but they really are getting away with alot. Some even have their fuel lines routed through the cabin from the factory...
Yeah they are safer with the air bags and all but they only deploy one time. Won't be much good after you hit one wall and then cross over and hit the other wall then start barrel rolling right after the other car hits you broad side. Even a six point will help some in a crash like that but by the time you start hitting 100 mph, I like more than just a 6 point.

Dont ya read the papers? An airbag can kill ya. Plastic fragments. A little rant here. Fragments are fragments NOT shrapnel! Shrapnel is a type of artillery shell. Its like an airborne shotgun shell. Invented by a man named Henry Shrapnel about the time of the civil war. Done. Thank you!lol.

What was your 60ft.? At 121 I think you have a bit more et in it. 500 cI, maybe more mph too. I ran 11.20@ 119 with the GTX. Maybe some more tuning?

What was your 60ft.? At 121 I think you have a bit more et in it. 500 cI, maybe more mph too. I ran 11.20@ 119 with the GTX. Maybe some more tuning?
1.74 60 ft.

Definitely more e.t. to be had.

I was told the open face helmet was legal down to 10.0. I like the open face since its easier to get on and off since I wear glasses. Ron

mycool63_zps96798125.png

Im telling ya... snag some cardboard tubing, black spray paint, caulk to simulate a weld bead and those "noodles" they sell everywhere for padding and make it look like a cage for a fraction of the weight and cost. :D

1.74 60 ft.

Definitely more e.t. to be had.

Heck yea. Even when you just get it to an average 60 for an 11.0 to 10.90 car you will pick up 2 to 4 tenths. My 60 is only a 1.50 which is just average for a mid to high 10 leaf spring car so if you get your 60 say even just down to a 1.55 you gonna see 2 tenths or more in the full 1/4. That 121 mph is good for easy 11.0's with an average 60 which your 1.74 sixty is not even close to average for your 121 mph. Just a decent sixty of 1.50 to 1.55 will get you at least 11.0's and maybe even right into the 10's which I am sure will put a big smile on your face ?? !! Ron

Im telling ya... snag some cardboard tubing, black spray paint, caulk to simulate a weld bead and those "noodles" they sell everywhere for padding and make it look like a cage for a fraction of the weight and cost. :D

LoL !! Come on Dave only you could get away with that. LoL. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back