• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I hope your weather is better than ours this Memorial Day.

SteveSS

Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
It's cold and wet and windy. I had to shut all the windows in the house and crawl under some blankets. In the 30's tonight.

NOPE! Cold rainy and breezy. Dam bear eyed my bird feeder. A little guy. Somebody grabbed ***.
bear530.jpg

After hitting 92 earlier in the week, it's been in the mid 40's, windy & lots of rain here all weekend long & it's supposed to be the same on Monday. We desperately need the rain & we are having a good soaking.

Had to turn my heat on!!! 49 degrees and rained the last 3 days.. We needed it just not all at once.

As Fran said rainy breezy and cold here, and it sucks. Oh well, but at least Nascar is on right now :D

I turned on the heat while in the shop last night......it didn't run much, but took the chill and dampness out......prob do it again tonight

After hitting 92 earlier in the week, it's been in the mid 40's, windy & lots of rain here all weekend long & it's supposed to be the same on Monday. We desperately need the rain & we are having a good soaking.
We absolutely need the rain but....Not much chance of that this time of year.
What I find interesting is that the California climate that I have been in since 1968 is that it is cold and wet in the Winter, warm and dry in the Summer. To me, this is normal. I thought that everywhere was like this.
Sometime in the mid 90s, I heard of how so many places outside of California had rain all year round. They also had humidity bad enough to be a real concern. I love the green grass and full looking trees that I see here in the Winter, Spring and early Summer. When it all dries out and turns light brown, it looks terrible to me. I'm looking forward to seeing green grass in the Summer when we visit Tennessee next month. I still am curious to feel what high humidity is like. That could be a very important factor in whether or not we relocate there.

I change out shirts HERE when it gets over 100.

That is where I am gauging my tolerance. When it gets real hot here, I stay inside or at least in the shade. If I move to a high humidity location, I suspect I'd do the same. I just don't know what high humidity feels like. People can describe it but until I actually feel it for myself, the descriptions are appreciated but they don't sink into my brain.

I'm looking forward to seeing green grass in the Summer when we visit Tennessee next month. I still am curious to feel what high humidity is like. That could be a very important factor in whether or not we relocate there.

If you really want to feel what humidity is like, you should go there in mid-July.

We looked into the Nashville area , very nice ! We wanted to buy a lot but 30 miles out there was nothing under 2 acres and what was was ****.

Auto Transport Service
Back