• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Like My Carb

hugh68charger

Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
When I bought the car it had this Double Pumper on it and it really responds well on my 440 with a Torquer intake and a mild cam. So I did some research and see it is a "6710". This makes it a 4165 model. I have seen a couple of videos and read a little about it ,it's a 800 cfm spread-bore Holley. I was wondering if anyone else has used one of these and their experience with it.

1793D109-78A2-484F-A008-E5C0E0F03CFD.jpeg 7F71B59C-5305-475E-8246-3C4D10EE8AE5.jpeg

I mostly have experience with the 4150’s and 4160’s but, have been really happy with how well Holley carbs perform and are responsive to minimal amount of throttle cable movement. The 3310 vacuum secondary models also work remarkably well on 440 (street car driving).

I bet that double pumper can handle some spirited driving!

I tried one briefly back in the day. Was OK I guess. Depends on your application. I used a spread bore adapter for my intake.
But my 4781 850 DP was better since I had spent a fair amount of time tuning it.
For street build something like the 3310-1 would be easier to get right.
Good luck

I tried one briefly back in the day. Was OK I guess. Depends on your application. I used a spread bore adapter for my intake.
But my 4781 850 DP was better since I had spent a fair amount of time tuning it.
For street build something like the 3310-1 would be easier to get right.
Good luck
I guess I am lucky that someone dialed it in so well for me then.lol

My buddy had one on his 73 Road Runner years back and it was a great carb, not sure why but it really worked very well.

The 800 Holley dp spreadbore is a great carb. I have it mounted to a spreadbore intake a have it available for anyone to use. It's been on a few cars with the same result - excellent. Works better than a 3310 on a mild build. Better throttle response, better performance.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back