• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I quit.....

Bladecutter

"Pursuit of Shape"
Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
smoking cigarettes.
I had been reducing over last 8 months down to the one with coffee in am & the ones after meals. Finally cut altogether 24 days ago......done deal now.....so for those who were ragging on me a couple months ago & hijacked my anti litter thread into a non smokers rant,,,, well,,,,Ya'll have to blow me **** over something else. :)

16 weeks for me. Two packs a day for 40 years. I had surgery, smoked one pack over the course of one week and walked away from it.

I never thought I would, or could, quit....yet, here I am.

Frankly, it wasn’t as big a deal to quit as I made it out to be.

It can be done.

Say what Bladecutter?
Don't you know: quitters NEVER Win and Winners NEVER quit!

Ha Ha...Congratulations!
PS: I'll bet a Cigarette would tase GREAT right now!

Ha Ha!
(I heard that told to someone once...made me laugh as I never smoked a day/minute in my life)

Good for you!

CONGRATULATION, that’s a major accomplishment, never go back.

great job , keep the quit going ! did the cigs , quit years ago . best thing i've done for myself ever !

I need to get on this train :thumbsup: I want to quit but lost the wife and raising my 14 year old grandson. Its been hell for the last 4 yrs. I will get there 1 day. Congrats

smoking cigarettes.
I had been reducing over last 8 months down to the one with coffee in am & the ones after meals. Finally cut altogether 24 days ago......done deal now.....so for those who were ragging on me a couple months ago & hijacked my anti litter thread into a non smokers rant,,,, well,,,,Ya'll have to blow me **** over something else. :)
Not to be a Negative Nancy, or attempting to offend you
congrats on giving up the cigs

But you also asked,
more **** -to blow over something else- :poke:

case & point

How many joints :fool: do you smoke a day now ?
if you're still partaking
one crutch replacing another, isn't quiting really...

that' still smoking, just not tobacco

buzz kill I know...

Last edited:
Good job Jimi quittin' stuff that's bad for us is tough, I know..(why is NOT doing the good things so easy sometimes?!) Anyway stay strong I hope you have lots of extra change now with how much those things cost!

Congrats. I carried an open pack of Camel Filters in my shirt pocket for about a year to prevent panic.

I quit 30 years ago and kept a new sealed package in both my trucks so I was never with out and
never touched them
good luck and just one will break cycle

Congratulations, it is a filthy rotten expensive habit and I’m speaking from experience. But I am one of those “smoke when I drink” smokers. Been doing it for years this way. Don’t know how people can smoke a pack or 2 a day. Nasty!

Good for you guys who quit. I second-hand smoked 5-6 packs a day as a kid, but never picked up the habit. After 20 years, my mom quit and then told us she could see what we were complaining about when she smelled it on her friends. It's a nasty habit... I nearly lost a friend to it a couple years back. He quit, but can't get his wife or kids to quit... even after dying three times and having a six-way bypass.... but you can't be their conscience. Seriously, good for you!

When I quit I would light them and hold them but not smoke them.

smoking cigarettes.
I think I'm right behind you there brother!

I quit for the last time july 10th 1984. good move Blade, you don't need them sumbitches anyhow.:thumbsup:

A big congrats Blade, that is something to certainly be proud of:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments. This is the fourth time I've quit over the years.....last time lasted 4 1/2 years, then just started again. Tobacco is just a matter of saying no to self all the time,,,,other substances I've quit, like alcohol & whiffables, I do not think about, do not want, but tobacco urge just never completely dies for me, especially under stress loads.
Had to move AGAIN too(2 moves in past 4 months), a pain in the ***, caused stress but I abstained from smoking throughout finding a new place & making the move & change of address headache. Now it's just me & the Pup DanaLoo in a house,,, no more effing roommates!! Now if I can just put another shop together.

I have 6 cigarettes left in last pack sitting on my desk as the hard line test.

Auto Transport Service
Back