• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I swapped to a different harness got some questions.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
11:58 PM
Reaction score
OK here we go I bought a harness from my mopar dude. The box it came from was labeled 1969 GTX so I assume the harness came from a GTX. I found a few connectors that do not jive with the roadrunner harness and setup. I did figure out that this harness includes a lighting package for the ignition switch. However I will upload these pictures and maybe a guru can tell me what they are for. The reason for the swap is the Bulkhead connector is shot in the old harness.

First picture is of what i think is tach wiring. However I know the tach wire is separate and goes though its own grommet thru the firewall. second third and fourth pictures were of the part number for the harness. However the pictures failed to produce anything readable.

picture 5 Pink and white wires each with a single plug. EDIT I believe is the STOP Light switch.

Picture 6 Odd shaped connector Violet and White wire. EDIT* I believe is the backup light switch.

IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0782.JPG IMG_0783.JPG IMG_0784.JPG

Last edited:
White and pink go to brake light switch on the brake pedal arm,
Your right you do have the A01 light option I can see the ignition switch lamp with the delay relay next to it
Can't read the number on the harness
2 yellows would be door switch
offset connector I have never seen before
lamp socket looks like map light or glove box light.
single brown connector looks like maybe clock power not sure
Is this for a rallye dash or standard cluster?

Everything else in the harness hooked up to the regular cluster with tach.
The first picture shows a 90 degree plug. And the other just below it has 2 wires in one connector. And yep that is a light socket. The door switches have both been located in the harness and single yellow wires with the switch on the end of that. I do think you are one to something this car is a map light delete car. However when going through my guys parts I did snag a map light. So maybe they go to that. And the weird angle plug has me guessing too. Wonder if the weird plug is for a 4 speed harness.

On the weird plug.. Was just on another site doing research.. Is it possible that its for fender indicator lights?

Editing the post yet again.. waking up before everyone helps. I found the plug but oddly its for tailgate lights. I think. here is the schematic.
tailgate-png.391187

tailgate.png

Last edited:
What colors are on the angled plug? Last pick if thats it looks luke yellow pink?

Now that i had a chance to look at it in the day time its Purple/Violet and white. And also I found the female end of it up by the bulkhead connector. They seem to go into the connector in the very last picture upper left hand side. It looks like a 4 terminal plug. One side of the connector Is pink and white and the other is Purple/Violet and white. better seen in picture 5.

img_0785-jpg.391216

img_0786-jpg.391217

img_0787-jpg.391218

img_0788-jpg.391219

img_0790-jpg.391221

img_0791-jpg.391222

img_0792-jpg.391223

IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0786.JPG IMG_0787.JPG IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0791.JPG IMG_0792.JPG

Last edited:
Ok i got some stuff figured out. These 3 are definitely for the map light. I found the map light I got from my mopar buddy. So having that in hand helped me to figure that out. Still stumped by the weird connector.

319312-ca86b188a7897d08481b2751ef0bb505.jpg

Anyone have a clue on the 2 weird shaped connectors? In the schematic above I didn't realize those were brown and dark green or red and dark green so that's not it.

Purple/Violet and white exits the harness right before the bulkhead connector.
Pink and white exits the harness above the console portion of the harness. But goes down to the console 4 pin plug.

Last edited:
The diagram you posted is for a Fury wagon problem is as you know the colors don't match, the Fury's detail shown Brn Brown and GRN green and you have violet and white, another Fury diagram shows Orange and Pink! Then looking at the Satty diagram there is that connector for a single dash speaker wires are shown as black and Green tied to other speakers and then a crossover. I am still looking for pink and white with that connector but its possible the factory made a change from plant to plant. it may be to a speaker or it may be an A body harness :(

Here is a link to what I see and probably missed some thing help your self to it I am checking other diagrams now.

Looks like there were two of those things. Both have red and black. The flasher must be the skinny silver one though. Anyone know what the little brass colored ones are?

IMG_20170130_212754.jpg

I think we have it narrowed down to the polara harness. Great digging.. I searched that damn 69 manual up and down. Nothing relating to it. Old Negan there has it right on.. I didn't think of looking at older harness stuff.
GreenOrange.. That one is more of a right angle than the one i have.. Its sort of a lazy Y

Looks like there were two of those things. Both have red and black. The flasher must be the skinny silver one though. Anyone know what the little brass colored ones are?

View attachment 391929

The skinny one is part of the A01 light group it's a mechanical timer for the ignition switch lamp, pretty cool for 69 tech lol I had one that was bad and another member sent me a used working one and it still works to this day, its great you open the door and the lamp over your ignition switch lights up fro about 20-30 seconds then goes out.

the bigger one is the flasher the black wire coming out of it means it's the emergency flasher, you should have one more that is for the normal turn signal flasher. they run on two different circuits but cross paths at the turn signal lamps in the harness putting the wrong flasher in those spots causes your turn signals to stay on solid and not flash or even your tail lights to not work right as power for those is also sent up through the steering wheel harness to the turn signal cam switch. whoo out of breath lol

Auto Transport Service
Back