• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I got some bad fuel?

pedal2themetal

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
Oh 75 Fury 318
Car was running like always.. I fuel up, go 1/2 a block to store parking lot.. start it when leaving and it runs like **** Won't idle missing and such make it home buy driving in second .. found a spark plug wire lose .. pushed it back on still won't run.. So I replaced all the wires .. ran ok cold but when choke went off it went south again .. had to open the mixture screw's about 1/4 turn and step up the idle still not right messed with all my vacuum plugs no change. Don't hear any vacuum leaks

Sence it went bad right after getting fuel I fuggured it was the fuel.. (since I use premium I figgured it sets a lot in the tanks in the ground ) So I got some HEAT and put in a bottle, took a 40 minunet drive on the freeway 70+mph.. seamed to run Ok at high way speed but Still not idling right ..
Well I have to run all the fuel out and refill it with good gas to solve this issue??

Any advice is accepted
Thank you take care
tim

use octane boost, I siphon gas a month ago -super- and got some in my mouth. Didnt do a thing to me. Gas today is crap so I always add octane boost in the Bee.

Runs better with some choke... sounds like water in the gas to me ! Spent 1/2 a summer "fixing" every neighbour on the lakes outboards a couple years back that all got gas at the car station at the end of the lake. Used a 60oz Whiskey bottle to separate the gas and water for everyone.

HI Thanks for the reply.
so you think Octane boost over the heat I put in the tank? It usually runs Ok and I always fuel at the same place..

thanks take care
tim

Isopropyl alcohol is what's needed to absorb and bond with the water.
Heat may have that as it's primary good ingredient, I can't recall

Yep, try 2-3 bottles of red heet first (isopropyl alcohol), but it sure does sound like a vacuum leak or something weird happening with your choke maybe?

Connect a hose onto the fuel pump inlet into a separate jug of good gas and run the car and see if it runs good again. Use a long hose and a gallon oil jug half full of gas and you can drive around the neighborhood like that. Doesn’t spill out when only half full. You can drive quite a ways on 1/2 gallon gas.

You already put heet in there and it didn’t help. More heet will do more of what it already did, nothing!

2-3 more bottles is like pissn’ into the wind.

Octane booster is good for turning the plugs orange.

I have never had any luck turing bad gas into good gas. You just spend money dumping the miracle liquids in there only to have more bad gas. I just remove it from the tank and get good gas in there.

Outboard kicker cans are a wonderful thing..
beeincontainer 096.JPG

HI
Thanks all for the reply's
After is sat for a while it runs fine now.. I used the yellow bottle, the red said for FI mines carbed. anyway I didn't think but the water would be at the bottom right.. and driving it would have mixed it up, if fact I did some left/right sloches when leaving the parts store after putting it in... But after sitting all the water seperated and went to the bottom and the heat worked.. runs like it did before.

Thanks again take care be safe
tim

I have never had any luck turing bad gas into good gas. You just spend money dumping the miracle liquids in there only to have more bad gas. I just remove it from the tank and get good gas in there.
Hi
Yeah I don't usually have any luck ether but I couldn't just dump it that was $80.oo worth.. anyway after letting it sit the heat worked and it runs fine now..

thanks take care be safe
tim

Auto Transport Service
Back