• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I'm going to post my tti exhaust install.

drobertson

Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
Well when I first got my 1973 Charger running worth a darn, I threw summit racing headers and a dual exhaust kit on the car. Needless to say, I wasn't satisfied how many times the headers hit the ground, and how many header gaskets blew out from the headers warping too much. And my tailpipes keeped on sliding out, no matter how much I tightened the darned clamp. ( poor design IMO )

I decided to put the stock manifolds on, with TTI's manifold-back 2.5" H-pipe system. The kit should come in on wednesday or thursday. I'm going to document the install, and post it here, along with what I think of the system.

I'm interested to see what happens here. My exhaust is a home made cobbled together mess so I'll be in the market soon. Good luck on your project

Somebody installed a TTI system on my road runner. I can't keep the left side tight. I'll have my friend build a custom system, soon.

I am impressed so far!!! Package arrived 2 days early!

IMG_20160712_125723.jpg

Update! I installed the tailpipe and muffler hangers, along with the tailpipes. I also removed the driver's side header, as I'm going to use my stock manifolds. I had a pair of summit headers, but I didn't like how often they hit the ground! (Maybe when I do the 440 swap I'll buy some nice ceramic coated headers...) Unfortunately the sun went down, and I could no longer see what I was doing. Tomorrow I'll take pictures and post them here, and I'll also remove the passenger side header and (hopefully) finish the install.

What's the cost on this exhaust kit?
Quite a bit. $639. It was hard to cough up, but I have only heard good things about TTI, and I was sick of my mangled-together exhaust system that always hit against the ground.

A good investment with TTI. :thumbsup: Now go fix up that front end alignment and report back. :D
Haha yeah... I had to remove my steering center-link to slip out the old headers! But tomorrow morning I'll get back to work on this!

Well, I got the exhaust installed this morning. Pics coming. It bolted up fairly easily, once the old exhaust was out. I did break my pitman arm ball joint in the process though... I got heat exhaustion and took a drink, and I passed out cold and hit the ground hard. Ouch.

Take the day off man. I did that once. Passed out in my garage and laid on the concrete for quite a while before I woke up. I was probably 18 or so at the time and living off soda. Heat and dehydration are a bad combo.

Who was the Vendor you bought from. Good product choice.

Take the day off man. I did that once. Passed out in my garage and laid on the concrete for quite a while before I woke up. I was probably 18 or so at the time and living off soda. Heat and dehydration are a bad combo.
No kidding, man.

Well I ordered a pitman arm, which should be in a nearby town tomorrow. Other than that, I started to engine to find a weird tick/knock sound @ idle. When revved up, the sound goes away. Ideas what it may be?

Auto Transport Service
Back