• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think there's a difference between acceptance and encouragement.

SteveSS

Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
Let's say your child's school is full of Mopar fans. It's okay if you're a Chevy fan, no big deal really. But the teachers and the school board now insist that your children sit down and listen to outsiders who come in to promote being a Chevy fan. It's not enough to say you're a Mopar fan and you are happy with that. Now your child is bombarded with Chevy indoctrination. Parents would prefer their child stay a Mopar fan because that's how they raised their child but the school says no. You must listen and attend our Chevy indoctrination. Little by little the kids are switching over to Chevys. Now the school doesn't tell you they're doing this and they encourage the student to not tell their parents.

Is this acceptance of Chevys or is it indoctrination?

Me too! I like them when they are watching my tail lights get faint in the distance.

20230409_103141.jpg

@SteveSS I must commend you for your excellent non political example, and putting it in a common real world example.

But do we have to keep beating the dead horse? We all know what’s going on in the world. Why do we have to keep making thread after thread on it. Let’s talk cars, and movies, and anything else to distract us from the real world BS

3F1FE7E4-7A1F-4B30-A7DF-6235365F15BE.gif

Last edited:
I've owned a few of each of the big three cars and now you're telling me a school is promoting a make of car. How about them trying to do what we assigned schools to do, 1+1=2. This makes no sense to me............

I too have a Chevy and I don’t understand Chevy guys at all. I hear all them say how easy they are to work on and so forth. I haven’t found anything easier to work on than a big block Mopar. Ex. Removing or changing intake manifolds on a small block Chevy involves draining the coolant, removing the distributor after you have located top dead center for reinstallation purposes, and remove the 12 intake bolts, then clean the bolts of sealant before you put them back in with new sealant, and finally, clean the silicone of the China walls because you dont want to use the rubber gaskets that come with the intake gasket set and you want fresh beads of silicone back on the China walls. Big block Mopar is remove 8 bolts only. I won’t even mention the differences in the amount of labor to change out oil pumps or changing out valve trains. I also won’t mention how much tougher a big block Mopar engine is compared to the beloved small block Chevy. All arguments are welcome.

Last edited:
I too have a Chevy and I don’t understand Chevy guys at all. I hear all them say how easy they are to work on and so forth. I haven’t found anything easier to work on than a big block Mopar. Ex. Removing or changing intake manifolds on a small block Chevy involves draining the coolant, removing the distributor after you have located top dead center for reinstallation purposes, and remove the 12 intake bolts, then clean the bolts of sealant before you put them back in with new sealant, and finally, clean the silicone of the China walls because you dont want to use the rubber gaskets that come with the intake gasket set and you want fresh beads of silicone back on the China walls. Big block Mopar is remove 8 bolts only. I won’t even mention the differences in the amount of labor to change out oil pumps or changing out valve trains. I also won’t mention how much tougher a big block Mopar engine is compared to the beloved small block Chevy. All arguments are welcome.
I think you're missing the point...

I think you're missing the point...
No. I read them all and saw the original post but it drifted from the original topic and the op was told he was beating a dead horse and that the topic has been debated many times in the political forums. The narrative changed and went on about some folks owning Chevys. I wanted to contribute with my experiences of owning Chevys.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back