• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I thought this only happened in the movies, not real life.

SteveSS

Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
We've had a very warm and dry fall and winter. I looked at the weather a few days back. Nothing special so I was surprised to see dark clouds coming from the mountains at 3:30 pm. By 4:30 pm it was quite dark and snowing hard. It was cold and wet enough I was able to have a nice fire in the fireplace for my family's Christmas party.

If you look closely you can see the snow falling against the dark tree in the background. White Christmas baby!

sn2.jpg
sn1.jpg

Not sure I'd celebrate... It's pretty but I have no need for a white Christmas..

Sure sounds like the few ski trips I took to Colorado around Christmas. I was at Vail day after Xmas, top of the mountain, looking west. The clouds moving in. The snow started mid morning. By 4:00 we had over a foot of fresh snow in Vail, they got a total of two feet by morning. When we got back to Denver in the evening they had about a foot. Next day, back to Vail to enjoy the fresh snow. Days end got back to Denver, all the snow there was gone. High altitude makes big difference.
White Christmas is fine by me as long as it's above zero.

Last edited:
I am to the age that the only time I want to see snow anymore is in a snow globe when I shake it, lol.

We had that happen here in WNY, 2 nites ago. Darkness fell Dec 23, after a cool, clear day. Awoke Christmas Eve morning, and the ground was covered with a Nice coating of white. By 11am, it had melted away, so Perfect. Missed the White Xmas by 24hrs, just raining this morning,
Merry Christmas to All !!!

Last edited:
When we arrived at our son’s home in Salt Lake there was almost a foot of snow here. All gone now except the mountains are snow covered and very pretty

I'm not so keen on snow either but it does look nice before everyone tramples it. Been several years since snowing here but got a nice coating of ice all over everything last February. It was crusty enough to get some traction at least and went to an open parking lot to have some fun doing slow motion slides and spins. Was pretty surprised to see a few others out and about and how fast they were driving. People here are nuts in bad weather.

LOVE the snow! Wouldn't want to live where they don't get any. That being said, it's pouring and 50 degrees here in NE Ohio, and my back yard looks like the Everglades... a swampy, soggy mess.

We've had a very warm and dry fall and winter. I looked at the weather a few days back. Nothing special so I was surprised to see dark clouds coming from the mountains at 3:30 pm. By 4:30 pm it was quite dark and snowing hard. It was cold and wet enough I was able to have a nice fire in the fireplace for my family's Christmas party.

If you look closely you can see the snow falling against the dark tree in the background. White Christmas baby!

View attachment 1212780 View attachment 1212781
None of that up here in Northern Colorado, dry still, we had rain yesterday, and today its 50 and sunny!

snow is good. snow is beautiful. snow is fun. snow is romantic. snow is calming. snow is serene. SOMEWHERE ELSE.

the title of this thread is sooo misleading,when i clicked it,i expected to start reading stories about dukes of hazzard stunts lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back