• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I was there in 1971

Mike Gaines

Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Englishtown SUMMER NATIONALS
ticket.jpg

....I was there.
I had EXTRA tickets and I saved them.
Here is a pix of one that I saved.
I was with FENTON RACE WHEELS and we were an NHRA MAJOR SPONSOR and I attended all the National Races on behalf of the company.
At this race I handed DYNO DON NICHOLSON a check for $5000 for his win in Pro Stock as he was on contract with us to run our race wheels.
20110624_71.JPG 16450.jpeg
Funny Car in 1967
Current Car (Coronet) 2015 to Present
Yep, I have done a lot of Drag Race stuff in my 75 years on this planet...all MOPAR !!

Last edited:
I was 2...:wetting:

Detroit and Milan Dragway watching all the top names and my favorite the Ramchargers.

I was selling Fenton wheels a couple years later.

Englishtown SUMMER NATIONALS View attachment 579985
....I was there.
I had EXTRA tickets and I saved them.
Here is a pix of one that I saved.
I was with FENTON RACE WHEELS and we were an NHRA MAJOR SPONSOR and I attended all the National Races on behalf of the company.
At this race I handed DYNO DON NICHOLSON a check for $5000 for his win in Pro Stock as he was on contract with us to run our race wheels.
View attachment 579990 View attachment 579991
Funny Car in 1967
Current Car (Coronet) 2015 to Present
Yep, I have done a lot of Drag Race stuff in my 75 years on this planet...all MOPAR !!
Your still kicking *** :thumbsup:

me I was still in South East Asia looks like you where having a great time :thumbsup: they say your still young enjoy it

I got back from Nam in '70 and was street racing in Northern California in '71. Out of the Army, March of the same year! :usflag:

I just dug this one out of hiding yesterday.

20180309_185737.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back