• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wish I could go to Carlise but it's just too damn far.

SteveSS

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
1600 miles, yikes. I guess I could fly but my reason would be to find some good deals on parts. Bringing home a driver's door and some new interior/bucket seats for the new '70 Coronet just wouldn't be feasible. If you see some, get a number and let me know. Maybe they can ship them.

The Western US really doesn't have very much when it comes to these big shows. For me over 2000 miles to attend and what with the current prices for fuel these day, I can FORGETABOUTIT!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I wouldn't consider a show that was 1,600 miles away either. Carlisle is about a 7-8 hour drive for me which isn’t a bad ride at all.

I did Carlisle for 10 years. Was about a 4000 mile around trip and usually took about 2 weeks. I had 7 spots and sold a lot of metal. Was a great 10 years. Usually did some vacation time while out there. There was years when my truck was on the beach in Malibu in May, then on the breach in NJ after Carlisle in July and then back in Malibu in Oct. after the Flings. My youngest son and I saw a lot of that side of the country and met a lot of cool people. I really miss Carlisle and hope to go back and shop someday. I tell all Mopar people that if they can spend the time and cake then Carlisle is a must see.

I drove from New Jersey to Boise Idaho and back in 5 days just to pick up a rust free 67 Dart shell. 5000 mile round trip in 5 days.
Of course I was 20 years younger too!

So 900 miles one way - 1800 round trip isn’t that bad

You guys make it sound easy

My good friend leaves tomorrow with his wife

I can’t leave until Thursday after working early , I want to hit Chicago around noon if I can

Hell I could just sleep in the truck at some point before the show on Friday AM

Wife said go , she wants some peace and quite

Then drive back on Sunday

Is it worth it ?

So 900 miles one way - 1800 round trip isn’t that bad

You guys make it sound easy

My good friend leaves tomorrow with his wife

I can’t leave until Thursday after working early , I want to hit Chicago around noon if I can

Hell I could just sleep in the truck at some point before the show on Friday AM

Wife said go , she wants some peace and quite

Then drive back on Sunday

Is it worth it ?

Yes.

So, I'm a little biased just by being close, ( 1 hr 40 min ) but when I had my space for 9-10 yrs in the 90's and early '00, all the vendors around me said how nice Carlisle was, vs the Nationals and others. As well as BIG! Clean, well organizied and friendly. Even if you don't want parts, it's well worth it to go just because they do it right. Is it perfect, no, but nothing is really. It is in the top tier of the big shows.

Fly out to see soon, 'cause it won't be here forever.

Then see the car corral and judging at Fall Hershey AACA.

We had a group of eight planning to go with everything set up back in 2020, flights, AirBNB, rental cars... Had planned to spend ten days, do Carlise then check out the Smithsonian, Washington DC, some Civil War sites.. Then the plandemic... Doubt I could organize that many people for a long distance trip again...

Well I flew to Tampa, and drove to Pennsylvania. Lets start another Carlisle thread with a foggy Title.

7B48ED7A-7260-4175-82B3-55E692CC8947.jpeg

So, I'm a little biased just by being close, ( 1 hr 40 min ) but when I had my space for 9-10 yrs in the 90's and early '00, all the vendors around me said how nice Carlisle was, vs the Nationals and others. As well as BIG! Clean, well organizied and friendly. Even if you don't want parts, it's well worth it to go just because they do it right. Is it perfect, no, but nothing is really. It is in the top tier of the big shows.

Fly out to see soon, 'cause it won't be here forever.

Then see the car corral and judging at Fall Hershey AACA.
Fly Out????!!!! Just the cost of a ticket these days and the cancellations that are continually on-going, that ain't even a worth while choice!!! No thanks to that idea either. Once the Las Vegas show stopped, we in the West have pretty much given up hope of anything worth while any more. You go then to Carlisle and enjoy it. Me??? I'm staying right here...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back