• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idea?

Answer Book

Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
just an idea to get folks coming to this site more often
sure certain die hards here every day
some every few days
im not talking about them
some other folks - come here one time cause of a google search or whatever pointed them here cause HERE had the answer to their question, some return some hafta be pointed here again and again before staying and viewing "other" stuff - and lots of other stuff here most never look at.... i joined last year.. visited a little bit to solve my car problem... didnt come back for bouta year or so, why, nother car problem... this time i surfed a lot more than just the narrow minded technical question i had... discovered for sale and wanted and more....lotsa good stuff here - wish i hung around longer the first time
so the trick is to keep em coming back
I "think" one way(im sure i can come up w more if i tried) would be to have an auction for parts that lasts about a week... good way for folks to sell parts AND maybe folks to get a good deal or something they needed or wanted ... ((ALSO)) -- if you had an auction that I or others could advertise parts that limited me to only a week and no reserve price and then it was sold.... well I would NOT advertise my best parts but would take a chance on some things... if for example I had a (i dont know prices very well...so auction helps me sell easier also) if i had a radio i thought was worth 100 and had to START the bidding at 10% of worth like 10 bucks... i place it on the auction block HOPING for bids... heck if i saw a radio for 10 bucks when i came the first time i would of HAD to bid just to see if i got lucky and no one else bid.... but i wudda kept coming back to see AND would have looked around more then also - why - cause i was here and back and back and back to see the price of the radio - when it got above my price range i b gone right - NOT - i would have been back a few times and at least one of those time i found have found something else to bring me back

IF a first time visitor came here to look for his/her answer to a question and saw at the top of the page they were looking at for their answer a flashing box that said something like the latest hot auction item and the price it was going for at that time... like a $10 radio... after it caught my eye i would not be able to resist or a (rolling 4 or 5) items be better--- ****! - 10$ radio AND 50$ pair of bucket seats AND $20 fender - OMG I GOTTA SEE THIS TO BELIEVE IT
they LOOK.... see that stuff and more ---- hooked --- they be back a little more often just to SEE... well ima keep coming back 2-4 times a day(or just stayed logged on)! JUST TO see what my item is now selling for and also to see what is the price of the item i really really want... am i gonna get it cheap>?
just an idea to keep em coming back... and often

Lord knows I got lotsa crap layin around...................

Lord knows I got lotsa crap layin around...................
how cool would it be if one of the buncha crap was something 2 guys just had to have and you got twice the value from an auctions process...
i am in a situation right now on a part
one guy said "i want it" i said if i dont need it - its yours - few days later another guy(that REALLY) wants it asked about it... i am sure he would pay more... but I am a man of my word and told the second guy - your next in line... some folks(the shifty ones) tell first guy ima use it and sell more to next guy... thats just messed up and wrong in my book
an auction would help that also

That's what Ebay is for. I'd rather come here, make friends, and negotiate over parts. People get tired of tripping over stuff and usually cut people a pretty good deal.

Post number 1970. Good year for most muscle cars

It's an idea I considered long ago. Unfortunately, it comes with many problems I just don't want to deal with. Further, it would cost a considerable amount of money to do the programming necessary to be able to do auctions correctly. As another member said, ebay is already there and works.

I used to sell a lot on eBay and through all the BS dealing with questions, pictures, shipping costs and the fees it is a waste of my time.....

I have not sold on eBay in years.....

As a seller, selling here was a tremendous easier experience....I ask a price that I am happy with and we can barter from there....plus, it built relationship with members here. There have been a few knuckleheads I have dealt with here but that is so minimal and rare.....

Plus, there are no fees.....as they said Ebay is the leader in online auctions...

There is a good reason why I see some people rarely post....most of those types post a negative comment and provide ZERO to benefit members here....

Crap like that turns members off from posting and from helping that person when they do post a question.....

I'm fairly new here, as compared to many others, but the main reason I like this site is that most are a good group of people who are here because they share a like interest,.... old Mopars. They do so because they care about the cars, like to talk cars, and choose to help others that are experiencing some of the same issues they have dealt with.

I understand that there are some who only come on here when they need something, and I am ok with that. We don't know what they have going on in their lives, and maybe they just aren't as into it as others. I appreciate the core group of people on here who always seem to be there to share information and a common interest.

As for parts,.... I have had people on here, and over on ForAbodiesonly, send me parts for the price of shipping. They aren't just worried about getting as much as they can for their parts. They just want a fair price, or at times, just to help someone else out. I have appreciated it. I've bought some things for a fair price, had some donated, and got contacts like 69bfan and Crackedback for new things I needed for my Charger rebuild or the headlight relays for my Barracuda. I have accumulated some extra parts for my build, and once those builds are complete, I plan to do the same thing and off my extra parts I won't need to someone else for a fair price (or free).

For instance,... The engine guy who did the machining on my motor gave me a freshly bored 440 block, a 400 block, and a complete 383 because he was trying to clear some things out. I could try to sell them, but would rather just return the favor and gift them back out to someone that needs them. I need to get casting #'s off them so I know what they are and can post them up for anyone within driving range that needs them.

I guess my point is that I appreciate the guys that are on here because they want to be, and don't see the value of luring people in just because they might be able to get something cheap. Those aren't the guys who will stick around anyway. I am here because I found the site during a search, and appreciated the help/advice I got when I had questions,.... so I stuck around.

Although I have a low post count, I've been here 10 or so years.

I try to review daily on weekdays to see if there is anything I can help with and post only when I do have something to contribute.

I also have bought here and sold here as I trust most people here unlike random Joe in internet land (no offence to any Joe here)

I feel more at home here and FABO like family.

There is a good reason why I see some people rarely post....most of those types post a negative comment and provide ZERO to benefit members here....

Crap like that turns members off from posting and from helping that person when they do post a question.....
EXACTLY..... they have upset me enough already... i have no patience for em... soon as they start - i just goto their profile and click the ignore button... i will have most of those worthless folks ignored soon nuff.... then all b left is the good folk that i can see and who can see me.... works great

Auto Transport Service
Back