• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ideas for custom/cool radiator hoses?

tmaleck

Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
After spending a bazillion dollars on my 440 bullet, I hate to put boring black rubber radiator hoses on it. I bought a red silicone set off Ebay, but they are like 1" or 1 1/4" diameter. way too small. I believe my upper is 1 1/2" on both ends. Lower is 1 3/4" on the radiator and I think 1 1/2" on the pump housing. The radiator is right side upper and left side lower 26"

Any recommendations on what is out there? I have used the flexible stainless before, but was hoping for something else. Color versions of stock would be OK, but no one seems to know the ID's of the hoses, and I already have ones that don't fit.
Thanks,
Tim
intake_installed_front.jpg

DSC02270.jpg
After spending a bazillion dollars on my 440 bullet, I hate to put boring black rubber radiator hoses on it. I bought a red silicone set off Ebay, but they are like 1" or 1 1/4" diameter. way too small. I believe my upper is 1 1/2" on both ends. Lower is 1 3/4" on the radiator and I think 1 1/2" on the pump housing. The radiator is right side upper and left side lower 26"

Any recommendations on what is out there? I have used the flexible stainless before, but was hoping for something else. Color versions of stock would be OK, but no one seems to know the ID's of the hoses, and I already have ones that don't fit.
Thanks,
Tim
View attachment 812442

First I'd replace that straight thermostat housing with one that discharges to the side...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-371110-bk/overview/make/chrysler

Second think about rigid Stainless tubing with short rubber coupler hoses at either end....

Not a great job but here's a example

Last edited:
Last edited:
When I was circle track racing, we used a true AN hose for the top hose. The radiator had a male AN fitting and the engine had a male AN fitting. You can get whatever end you wanted on it , 90 degree, 45 degree, whatever. Speedway Motors would be a good place to start. If you have an alum rad, which I feel you do, get a blank AN fitting and have it TIG welded to your radiator.

Auto Transport Service
Back