• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ideas on exhaust exit.

747mopar

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
It's been a rough year for the Charger, first my wife backed into it them I backed it into the Cruze:mad:.

Fortunately both in the same area with minor damage but since I wanted to bring to pipes through the valance nows the time. Just throwing ideas around but am leaning towards the new RAM look with 1/3 cutouts and a little lip?

I was watching reruns the other evening
there was a cool episode of Bitchin Rides
they did a E-body Orange 'cuda 70-74
(don't remember the year, car was from Alaska,
sorry don't remember the name of the episode either
)
it had the exhaust tips
come out thru the middle of the rear valance
rectangle shape cutouts like 3"t x 4"w (?)
followed the shape of the valance
they cut the hole so it'd be about 1/4 bigger all around
when the tips were fitted
hand built/formed the tip/s that fit into it, rolled rounded edges

& one of the fab guys made a trim ring for the valance, for the tips
1/2 round that fit the holes edge, welded on little studs, held it in
to give it a bit of character/detail touch (for the lack of a better term)

it looked really sharp

it's like episode 6 Aug. 2019 (maybe ?)

I looked for the link or photo & couldn't find it
you may be able to
I didn't spend too much time looking

good luck

I really like the style of the ram exhaust 1/3 cutout. It isn't particularly a new idea though. The pic is from my 69 opel, factory exit. There is now too much stuff in the way now, so mine has a similar cutout in the rocker panel for exit in front of the rear tires.(fenderwell headers.)
I think the ram style exit would look great.

20180424_202822.jpg

the exhaust tips
come out thru the middle of the rear valancerectangle shape cutouts like 3"t x 4"w (?)followed the shape of the valance
they cut the hole so it'd be about 1/4 bigger all aroundwhen the tips were fitted
hand built/formed the tip/s that fit into it, rolled rounded edges & one of the fab guys made a trim ring for the valance, for the tips 1/2 round that fit the holes edge, welded on little studs, held it in
it looked really sharp
THIS!! Season 6•Episode 3•
The FINEST E-body exhaust tip "exit strategy" I've ever seen, with the AAR Cuda&T/A Challenger megaphone that hooked a U in the muffler itself, and exited in front of the rear tires being a close 2nd.

Last edited:
Don't mean to hijack (gonna do it anyway) but @1 Wild R/T , on the t/a-aar, were the stock mufflers just double pass, unlike normal triple pass turbo or hemi mufflers? I notice accurate exhaust talks about resonance.

Thanks guys, nobody responded before I jumped in and made the decision. Looking under the car narrowed down my choices lol. Gas tank, frame rails, etc all dictated the only path without major mods so I made these little panels to give it a nice look.
FB_IMG_1593009173537.jpg

I was watching reruns the other evening
there was a cool episode of Bitchin Rides
they did a E-body Orange 'cuda 70-74
(don't remember the year, car was from Alaska,
sorry don't remember the name of the episode either
)
it had the exhaust tips
come out thru the middle of the rear valance
rectangle shape cutouts like 3"t x 4"w (?)
followed the shape of the valance
they cut the hole so it'd be about 1/4 bigger all around
when the tips were fitted
hand built/formed the tip/s that fit into it, rolled rounded edges

& one of the fab guys made a trim ring for the valance, for the tips
1/2 round that fit the holes edge, welded on little studs, held it in

it looked really sharp

it's like episode 6 Aug. 2019 (maybe ?)

I looked for the link or photo & couldn't find it
you may be able to
I didn't spend too much time looking

good luck
I love almost everything they do, great team of super talented guys!

Yeah, now that you mention it, we were about a month late, hunh? I really like what you did, and it looks very well done. Good job!

Thanks guys, nobody responded before I jumped in and made the decision. Looking under the car narrowed down my choices lol. Gas tank, frame rails, etc all dictated the only path without major mods so I made these little panels to give it a nice look.View attachment 972425
very well done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks great man. Got more pics of finished result?
I've been so busy I still haven't gotten around to painting it, drove it last summer just like this, in epoxy primer. It's ready for paint, just need to find the time.
IMG_20200926_205023250.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back