• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify that car thread!

Mario, sorry thats all i got, if i see it again I'll get more, but the afternoon sun was behind me and i couldn't see anything on my tablet screen.
Like taking pictures with your eyes closed.

Series 25 Pontiac?
1940 LaSalle séries 52 or Special séries. Many times wrongly referred to as a Cadillac Lasalle. It was Cadillacs companion car. Built from 27-40. All General Motors lines had companion cars except Chevrolet. Liken it to Ford and Mercury. The Lasalle was built to compete with Packard. It had Cadillac power under the hood. It hurt Buick sales more than Packard so GM pulled the plug on it.

Man, I know what ALL of these cars are....whatsamatawityall!? :lol:

1940 LaSalle séries 52 or Special séries. Many times wrongly referred to as a Cadillac Lasalle. It was Cadillacs companion car. Built from 27-40. All General Motors lines had companion cars except Chevrolet. Liken it to Ford and Mercury. The Lasalle was built to compete with Packard. It had Cadillac power under the hood. It hurt Buick sales more than Packard so GM pulled the plug on it.
Thanks for the info...never would have guessed LaSalle. :) But you gotta admit, the Pontiac does have similar lines....no?
40-Pontiac_Spcl_Sprt-Cpe_DV-08_GMG_01.jpg

Thanks for the info...never would have guessed LaSalle. :) But you gotta admit, the Pontiac does have similar lines....no?
View attachment 591988
Yes they are similar, I believe thats thats the smaller body. Don't know if Pontiac had the big car. Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile had the big cars. The small Lasalle was a series 50, P.S there is a 39 Lasalle behind your Pontiac.
40-Pontiac_Spcl_Sprt-Cpe_DV-08_GMG_01.jpg
P1010447-1.JPG.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back