• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify these parts help

Mike67

Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone identify these? What arebthey worth? Got them with a bunch of other stuff I bought a while back .

20220115_194600.jpg 20220115_194542.jpg 20220115_194518.jpg 20220115_194513.jpg 20220115_194507.jpg 20220115_194332.jpg 20220115_194323.jpg

The orange box is electronic ignition (have the same one on my Coronet). Not sure about the others.

The bigger bracket looks like it could be for an a/c engine & most likely, the alternator adjusting bracket is also for an a/c equipped engine. .

Thanks , I know what the ecu is , curious to make/brand..

I tried to make out the numbers on the big bracket, I too thought it was for an AC compressor. Didn't know if they model or year specific

Long curved piece is a top alternator brace. I did not research the part number.
All the big 3 used similar braces for years.

Thanks , I know what the ecu is , curious to make/brand..
Hard to tell what store sold that but pretty sure it's not a dealer item. You can still buy the aftermarket ECU's but lots of times they are junk.....and that was usually the case even in the late 70's! I used to pick them from wrecks in the wrecking yards and used them for replacements because they usually worked (if original) and lasted much longer than any aftermarket junk.

Seeing the part number on the tension bracket looks like that is a Ford part..

The black cast piece is an alternator mounting bracket. The holes on the flat part align with the side of the head. The long tube part holds the alternator.

the ignition module appears to be the cheap mancini 13.00 module. my last week at napa, guy brought one like that in. when i priced him the 60.00 echlin one,he balked and said he would order it from mancini. found out he did and it didn't last 10 days and bought an oreillys cheapie that lasted a little over 2 weeks.

Auto Transport Service
Back