• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idiots giving our Hobby a bad Rap!

Doesn't anyone realize that you don't accelerate until you are straight in your lane?
And no traction!

Doesn't anyone realize that you don't accelerate until you are straight in your lane?
And no traction!
It doesn’t really matter when you have 700+ HP on tap. Everyday is like driving in the rain.

That person doesn’t have the same hobby as I do.

Nothing new with this crap. I remember guys in the late 60's doing similar stuff with 440 RT Chargers! Keep in mind that tires back then weren't very wide at all so a well tuned 440 (even one that wasn't well tuned) could smoke them at will doing 40 mph.

Nothing new with this crap. I remember guys in the late 60's doing similar stuff with 440 RT Chargers! Keep in mind that tires back then weren't very wide at all so a well tuned 440 (even one that wasn't well tuned) could smoke them at will doing 40 mph.
Its the same now as back then with people that just buy cars to look cool. Cant change oil, can't drive,etc. You will not see this happen by someone who has built his car..

Traction control off I guess.... :rolleyes:
If I had one of those I sure wouldn't have the TC on! I've driven several Vipers over the years and man, nothing like brute power and no electronics 'keeping you safe'. It was a car for anyone that knew how to drive imo :)

Wut u mean bad rap??!! We were planning on going "Silverado Tipping" tonite lol.

I’m sure some will disagree; but my urge to have a car with mega-horsepower unless the plan is to race it at a track for fun and/or competition, just makes no connection with me. 40+ years ago I had my thrills and close calls with my Cuda and GTO; but those were so tame compared with 600-800HP cars obviously. This kind of HP necessary for street driving? Guy that had this gorgeous 2nd gen Charger done at a body shop where I had my car done spared no details to have perfecto body gaps, better than came out of the factory. That car was just awesome; very expensive build. So much so that my body shop bud didn’t want to tell me how much. Well, he already had 450HP; but he wanted another 200+. Engine was redone for him (the guy had no issues with money) and presto in no time at all I saw it back in the body shop seriously wrecked…wrapped it around a pole. For guys that know how to handle cars this powerful is one thing; then there are those that can’t or go dumb at the wrong time with cars this powerful…like on the video. Yeah – great idea to romp on a car like that in traffic or immovable objects nearby. What’s the point…to be a show off for half a minute? To maybe get laid? In his case a likely lawsuit and hope he didn’t seriously injure the guy or people in the truck.

Clint said it best: A Man's gotta know his limitations.
That car is a beautiful weapon that in the wrong hands can hurt people.
All of that power needs someone with control. If you can't control it you could kill yourself, or someone else.
Just cause you can afford it doesn't mean you should own it.

I was bad for stuff like that back in the day. Now thinking back. It was not a good thing to do.

True, but we are talking twice the power to the rear wheels with the new ones....
that's a whole 'nother world.

It sucks .low performance driver driving a bad *** machine! Money can't buy everything!
I might add when I drove one of these even with all the safety features off and red key it still wouldn't let me brake tires loose much!
I couldn't believe all the safety features on that car that couldn't be turned off ! Was it still fast as hell yes . Could I do sideways Smoky burn outs not really! Cars to tame for my taste my 440 4speed 72 charger was more of a monster then the hell cat! It drove like it was raining all the time ! When it rained you best leave the car where it is !
I'm a hell of a driver did track racing and stuff . My old charger with over 550 hp in the wet was in tameable!
The guy that bought it from me took it out in rain once was for sale the next day ! He called to see if I wanted to buy it back said he almost totalled it !

I like getting sideways and smoking tires but in controlled environment not in a busy street that's how you kill people!

By the way it's a mustang driver trying out a new ride!

Auto Transport Service
Back