• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idler arm

hangn0ut

Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
What year did b bodies go from stud mounted to thru bolt idler arms? Did the dimensions change also? You know, arm longer, more drop? Thanks!

1967 was the last year for stud mounted idler arms. There could be some crossover of course. The end that connects to the center link is in the same place for both types.

Thanks for the quick answer! My k member is 66-7 then. Its a hemi k member...maybe. Its got the skid plate and the pass sidelooks factory. Nice and neat. But the drivers side...hmm. Looks rough. Some may have been cut for oil system. The mounts fit real nice and all so I will clean it up, add some bracing and re-install it. Had this part for a long time. Just never looked at it closely.LOL! Is there a part number on it somewhere? Thanks!

I'm not sure if pre 70 k frames had part numbers on them. The stud type idler and skid plate ( if original) narrow it down to a 66 67 hemi frame. The engine mounts are hemi only, as well. I'm not sure, now that I think about it, if the 64 65 hemi frames had skid plates. These early frames mounted the engine a little bit further forward. I know I just contradicted myself, but I just gotta be me.

It is cut and dry -- no crossover -- by the "book".
1962 - 1967 is an 18594 TRW = K779 MOOG
1968 - 1972 is an 18744 TRW = K7041 MOOG
"A" body and "C" body NEVER used either of these.

Yesh, 65-6 frame. This one sits the engine back. I had to mod the trans mount to get it together. Thanks for all the help. I will hold on to those part numbers.
15501876371981854658529.jpg
1550187750849368867637.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back