• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If ya want to read a novel - Running Down the Dreams

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
I published a book, a fiction/novel: "Running Down the Dreams" it's on Amazon. It involved some six years btw all the other life priorities all of us encounter. I had an idea for the plot that actually involved a number of life experiences, and people I knew as an old muscle car sort capped by a tragic life encounter some 10 years ago that to this day I'm still not fully beyond...the dreams part of the story, leading me to chose the title...close; but not exact to the Tom Petty tune. This tune does however, play into the story. It involves a lot of life as I remember vividly as a youngster set in the early 60's with a mix of life as I recall, some fact and fiction well using the fact to generate more fiction: The music and the cars of the era, the entertainment and fears the younger folks of the era endured with the paranormal (the tragedy I mention brought into to story line). I might say this had something to do with the survivalist PTS thing. Not sure; can't say one way or the other; but I had a blast writing it. Who needs a story or even a movie revisiting this era? Okay, I do as we've not had squat for decades. It's kind of raw, while I've written technical books and newsletters, this is my 1st go with a novel. It's not a short-story so be cued in!

Congrats, will check this out. Good luck

A search just now could not find it.

Sorry - should have mentioned it has been on the site for a while and get's buried further down the string as time passes - thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back