• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could go back in time

ESOXER

Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
I know we all wish to go back in time and buy the car of our dreams or buy and preserve one if you had only one what would it be? This has probably been done here before, and someone here probably owns one or this car, but this is my dream, but I'd obviously have ordered the 426, 4 speed.
1970-plymouth-gtx.png

Money didn't grow on trees for me when I bought my first new car, and it still doesn't for that matter. I bought a 67 Plymouth Satellite 383 HP 4-speed, 3.23 sure grip, in Burgundy with black interior. Being hind site is 20/20, if I could have waited a year, I probably would have gotten a 68 Charger R/T in a similar color combination. Possibly with a Hemi, but definitely with a 4-speed. Being young with car fever I got a great car, but couldn't afford to trade when the 68's came out.

If I could do it all over again the result would probably be the same. Still have the car I bought when I was 19. The 68 Charger was my dream car since first seeing them on the street as a kid, and living the dream 35 years later.

One word- this.......
5172_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=JY-yF5GqmhwAX-f4xX5&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg

My dream car is this exact car right here, a 1970 Sport Fury GT with a factory 6bbl. I would settle for a 4bbl too though. Hopefully someday, :praying:

Photo courtesy of- www.SportFuryGT.com on Facebook

Hemi cars for sure but I think I'd load up one large building with parts. Sheet metal, engines/components, wiring, interior stuff, outer trim, glass, driveline parts, exhaust, lighting, suspension/steering etc etc. A Costco size unit with at least one mezzanine.

It would be for me a 1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee. Orange with a white C stripe. Wouldn't really matter if it was a 440,383 or a Hemi. It would have to have the power bulge hood I just want one and still do. Just can't afford one. What I dig about the car? The hood for one is my favorite Mopar hood of all of them. Then the C-stripe and the headlight/bumper surrounds. Just one of the best looking cars from that era.

Mopark_16.jpg

I think every one of these forums get a thread like this and the majority of people say Hemi or 6 pack car however I think these comments are based on modern times with prices being what they are. Many people don't realize that "back in the day" Hemi can 6 pack cars were expensive and in many cases problematic. Sure, we all would love to have a high end car today that is worth 6 figures today but back then if you needed daily transportation many people made other decisions.

I think every one of these forums get a thread like this and the majority of people say Hemi or 6 pack car however I think these comments are based on modern times with prices being what they are. Many people don't realize that "back in the day" Hemi can 6 pack cars were expensive and in many cases problematic. Sure, we all would love to have a high end car today that is worth 6 figures today but back then if you needed daily transportation many people made other decisions.
That's true. All multi carb engines took greater tuning and maintenance need and knowledge. Today? A big dominator will easily out perform yesterday's dual or tri carb setups.

The "Cool factor" has as much to do with value as option rarity. If I could go back? A dual carb '69 Hemi GTX 4-speed? With 4:10 drag pack Dana rear. I know convertibles are worth more because of limited production numbers. But in the day? The reason high performance options to a convertible had such low production numbers? is because nobody wanted it. A muscle convertible? That should be the definition of oxymoron?

JMO of course.

CEDBC520-F1C0-4931-B75D-67264261AE83.png
Had this, want it back, I sold to to the UPS man
Pulled it out of a dirt floor garage in the inner city of Detroit in the late 80’s, restored it and sold like an idiot in mid 90’s
1968 Olds Holiday Coupe, factory 4 speed, Ram Rod 350, W31 car

I went back in time and I can tell you that it’s awesome.

As a 21 year old I bought a 1 owner 1968 340 4 speed GTS. My oldest son was 10 months old. I owned this car for 16 years and sold it at the “advise” of my ex-wife and almost immediately regretted it.

The GTS was always the “if I could have any car back it would be.....” story. Searching over the years yielded me nothing. 2015 I get a hit on the vin search and find my old car restored and living the “trailer queen” life in Florida.

Five years pass and the car trades hands a couple more times and last year my son buys the car and gives it back to me for Father’s Day.

Every time I drive that car it’s like going back to being a kid, doing burnouts, power shifting and just cruising around. I hit the cruise nights with my kids and their cars and drive around with my grandkids. It’s 100% recommended.

Cliff Ramsdell

FD254919-F9E1-4964-B422-3496995EB0FF.jpeg

1981, the day I bought it.
61B40150-8848-4B2B-B976-842596801F42.jpeg

AF148154-59CB-4870-9807-EC594FB8594C.jpeg

1989, N96 air cleaner and a flat hood.
43D781D7-7202-4D06-915B-45EC66F8EC1E.jpeg

1995, stored in the garage.
08D0F5EB-CF6B-4AF9-9FFE-4D409B2E1CB8.jpeg

I went back in time and I can tell you that it’s awesome.

As a 21 year old I bought a 1 owner 1968 340 4 speed GTS. My oldest son was 10 months old. I owned this car for 16 years and sold it at the “advise” of my ex-wife and almost immediately regretted it.

The GTS was always the “if I could have any car back it would be.....” story. Searching over the years yielded me nothing. 2015 I get a hit on the vin search and find my old car restored and living the “trailer queen” life in Florida.

Five years pass and the car trades hands a couple more times and last year my son buys the car and gives it back to me for Father’s Day.

Every time I drive that car it’s like going back to being a kid, doing burnouts, power shifting and just cruising around. I hit the cruise nights with my kids and their cars and drive around with my grandkids. It’s 100% recommended.

Cliff Ramsdell

View attachment 1132346
1981, the day I bought it.View attachment 1132347
1987View attachment 1132348
1989, N96 air cleaner and a flat hood. View attachment 1132349
1995, stored in the garage. View attachment 1132350

Your son bought it back for you is the best. You raised a good man. That’s outstanding

Definitely a toss up for me.. I don’t recall a lot about my first 69 charger. I bought it at 14. It had been repainted with r/t stripe.. the pic is close but not the same and much nicer that mine! I had a couple old Polaroids but years of moves, who knows where they went..

These are my 2 options!
The 69.. internet photo
73A64321-09DC-49C2-974A-48E200210B95.jpeg

2nd - A little older!
51833732-90AE-470D-A363-CABC08F56426.jpeg

Had this, want it back, I sold to to the UPS man
Pulled it out of a dirt floor garage in the inner city of Detroit in the late 80’s, restored it and sold like an idiot in mid 90’s
1968 Olds Holiday Coupe, factory 4 speed, Ram Rod 350, W31 car

Buddy of mine that lives in Tallahassee has a '69 F85 Ram Rod W31 car. 4-speed w/ factory 4.33 gears. He bought it as a teenager back in the mid-seventies. Still has it, and it is still has its gold, bass boat, metal flake, flamed paint job that it was wearing when he bought it... It's a freakin' time capsule...

I would save 1 of 2 barracuda's I had...1st was a 71 340 auto power window fully loaded...2nd and my favorite 70 340 4spd car. That car was so much fun and only got away from me because I wouldn't let it sit outside for 1 year!! I miss that car

If I could go back, I'd pick the right stocks and buy them all now and put them in my 100 car garage. Which cars, all the ones above my post!!

Back to my street scene days of late 60s early 70s with $15000 cash. Find a 66 Belvedere I Hemi auto and set it up with today’s mods. Get back Jack! Use what’s left of money to pay the fines and bond. Oh, did I mention street racing?

Auto Transport Service
Back