• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition Key Illumination Light Lens

Bob Nossal

Dodgefor72
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone lead me to the blue/green lens for the ignition key cylinder light? I have a 1972 Charger and blue/green lens for the light that illuminates the ignition disintegrated.

You should start a wanted thread Bob.

It's actually a sleeve that goes over a regular clear bulb

That kind of stuff is not available and have to use your imagination to fix/replace it. Libraries or craft and hobbies stores could be a good resource for it. Any plastic piece able to hold a bit of heat should be able to replace that lense, making your own piece

An electrical supply house should be able to point you in the right direction.

Is it worth fitting a blue LED? or do you want to go original?

I with some blue model paint not too thick it worked ok. The bulb for the ash tray light is the same sleeve material too.

Those are rubber lenses to fit straight to the bulb like a condom, for some mini bulbs. Dunno if the same size than the column one.

The lense used on the column light is just a small and thin plastic sheet glued to the bulb cover.

As far I recall some interior bulb on 71/74 B bodies got that same rubber blue lense cover. I think ashtray light? I got same cracked lense problem and I THINK got an ashtray donor light to fit on my column light, but that was just because I had one handy. If not I was to a crafts or hobby store to find some lense material replacement

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back