• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition Switch and lock cylinder

Cobra72

Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Hi all I'm sure lots of you have come across this.
I have a 69 GTX and was looking for a new lock cylinder and switch.
my parts store came up with a standard US-12L lock cylinder witch is smaller than the one that I have. tried ordering switch for the US-12L and while the electrical part was right the retaining nut was way too big. Any Ideas??

Hi all I'm sure lots of you have come across this.
I have a 69 GTX and was looking for a new lock cylinder and switch.
my parts store came up with a standard US-12L lock cylinder witch is smaller than the one that I have. tried ordering switch for the US-12L and while the electrical part was right the retaining nut was way too big. Any Ideas??
Write or call Tommy. He's great with Mopar electrical.
http://www.partshound.net/

I've got an aftermarket switch that I just replaced with an original. PO made a collar and new retaining ring for the problem you described. You can have the collar and retaining ring for free if you pay for the ride.

Personally, I'd find an original, there are out there and not too terribly expensive, plus they will accept your current OEM cylinder so your key remains the same.

1969 is a one year only ignition switch and tumbler...
It is double the size of the US12L, which is correct
through 1968 only, NOT 1969....

I have the 1969 Ignition Switch and Tumbler --- Brand New.....

I would happily leave you my phone number -- but forum rules prohibit that... How dare I be up front and honest !!!! P M me --- I can call Canada for FREE, so if you leave me your phone number --- I will call you back.....
1970 became very different, because they came out of the dashboard, and into the column.... That is why 1969 is a one - year only --- and has been long discontinued by all ignition companies....

Yours, Craig....

Thank you all that helped out. we are on the way to get this GTX finished.
coming home from body shop in a couple days :)

Hey Rick ,
Hope your daughter's birth of your grand child goes smoothly and relatively painlessly....
My buddies' PayPal information is:
(His name is James Saccoccio)
The account is: [email protected]

Da Vinci, the artist, nyc for new York City,
All consecutive and All lower case,
And the total is $ 100 U.S. dollars for a NEW Ignition Tumbler ($69) Shipping ($28) and PayPal ($3) = $ 100

If you want or need to speak to me, don't waste money on a potentially pricey phone call --- Let me know through here, and I WILL call you.... From the land line, I CAN call CANADA for FREE !!!!!!
Thanx, Yours, Craig...

Craig Stanley
150 Woodfield Road
West Hempstead, N. Y. 11552 - 2525 U.S.A.
516 - 485 - 1935

Auto Transport Service
Back