• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition switch

Red63440

Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
I have noticed that the slightest movement towards the off position on the ignition switch kills the engine. Its not like the switch is moving normally and there doesn't seem to be a detent between run and off. Would this problem be in the actual electrical switch or the keyed part?

Sounds to me like that's in the switch itself Red. If it is , at least you'll be able to retain the same ign key and cyl though

my belvy did that. i replaced the ignition switch.... problem solved...its just worn out!

The PO complained of a low voltage drain and I am wondering if the switch is where the problem is.

New switch ordered....

The PO complained of a low voltage drain and I am wondering if the switch is where the problem is.

it can cause that if it is worn enough.could have minor contact with the switch off.check for continuity at the pos battery hookup with the key off after you replace the switch.should be none.

Auto Transport Service
Back