• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition wiring

Plumber452

Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

As some of you may have seen I'm new to the site and somewhat new to Mopars. I recently bought a 1964 Plymouth Fury Wagon, with what another member on here told me is a 1962 413 with points ignition, just setting in the engine compartment. Both the swapped engine has a harness, that is chewed up, cut, etc. and the original harness that is in about the same shape. the engine turns easily by hand. The one cylinder I was able to get a camera in looked good. I'm fairly certain this engine has never been started or ran in this car.

What I'd like to do first is get a temporary fuel supply to the carb and wire up just the ignition/starting system so I can try to start the engine, after priming the oiling system, to ascertain the condition of the engine before I go any further. I need a wiring diagram for the ignition/starting system. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

I didn't see anything for the 1962 year on the engine but it had the 1964 Plymouth so I'm confident the ignition wiring should be the same
Good point. Maybe I should check other years.

I think everything up to 1972 were points, so anything later would be electronic ignition

Auto Transport Service
Back