• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm a daddy again....

beanhead

Straining The Limits Of Machine And Man
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
Our beloved Shepherd Eva passed away a few months back at only 8 yrs....and even though we've had many, losing her was especially tough.
Lately the family has been workin' me pretty hard for a new dog so, today I relented...
5 mo. old Shepherd, a rescue (which is typical for us). Our boxer mix is handling it well.
Gonna be a big one!
20220604_133008.jpg
20220604_124058.jpg

congrats and sorry for your loss. Great looking pup. Went down that road recently and it sucks. Did the same and went to a rescue shelter PS this thread did not show up on WHATS NEW or HOME

Congrats, bh! Nice looking pup, and a rescue is especially nice.

Nice looking pup. Best of luck.

Oh my ! That is a great looking shepshep. I love shepherds, they are such incredible dogs ! My pup just turned 5months. She is a Belgian Shepherd. Very smart puppy.

Good looking dog. I know how you feel. It's tough to live without a dog.

Our beloved Shepherd Eva passed away a few months back at only 8 yrs....and even though we've had many, losing her was especially tough.
Lately the family has been workin' me pretty hard for a new dog so, today I relented...
5 mo. old Shepherd, a rescue (which is typical for us). Our boxer mix is handling it well.
Gonna be a big one!
View attachment 1294237View attachment 1294236
good looking shepherd too

good the dogs are getting along also ++

always nice to rescue &/or foster when you can :thumbsup:

& RIP to Eva...

Nice looking fur buddy there. I'm always good with fur buddies of any persuasion.

Chuck (snook)

Way to go dad. We lost our other pair of rescues February last year and I can relate on the sorrow. Found a bonded pair from Woods in May last year after we worked on getting over the loss. These latest goofball's were a year and 4 months old May last year. Its the first time for us to have pups at the same time. Usually it was a youngster being showed the ropes by the senior. Its been a learning experience for the entire household for sure. Last month was one year of being with us. If you ever get over here on a weekend, we can meet up at the area between Morro Bay and Cayucos which is the dog beach. I have these two there 5 times a week for romp in the water time.

1D41BA9D-BF75-4E8C-95AC-4CE4C7F4E685.jpeg

FF05ECAF-4678-4EB6-BFB7-07DAA26A0290.jpeg

good looking shepherd too

good the dogs are getting along also ++

always nice to rescue &/or foster when you can :thumbsup:

& RIP to Eva...
Thanks Bud, yeah aside from the occasional "back off kid!" growl from the boxer (she's 7) they're adjusting to each other fine. Poor pup is on the scrawny side though, and judging by how wiped out she was after a short walk today I don't think she's had good regular exercise.
That'll all change, she'll be my running buddy before long!

Way to go dad. We lost our other pair of rescues February last year and I can relate on the sorrow. Found a bonded pair from Woods in May last year after we worked on getting over the loss. These latest goofball's were a year and 4 months old May last year. Its the first time for us to have pups at the same time. Usually it was a youngster being showed the ropes by the senior. Its been a learning experience for the entire household for sure. Last month was one year of being with us. If you ever get over here on a weekend, we can meet up at the area between Morro Bay and Cayucos which is the dog beach. I have these two there 5 times a week for romp in the water time.

View attachment 1294812

View attachment 1294813
Heck yeah! I've been having coast withdrawals because I've been so dang busy lately...oh well gotta pay to play lol. Those are some happy looking dogs! My folks have a blue Queensland that's one of my all-time favorites...

Thanks Bud, yeah aside from the occasional "back off kid!" growl from the boxer (she's 7) they're adjusting to each other fine. Poor pup is on the scrawny side though, and judging by how wiped out she was after a short walk today I don't think she's had good regular exercise.
That'll all change, she'll be my running buddy before long!

yeah the older dog will set the youngster straight
as long as it's not aggression (it doesn't sound like it is) it's a good thing
pack mentality, respect to the elders, teaching the younster

on the other note

I've seen it, that being in a shelter (or strange house) for a time
will do that too
they sort of shut down, don't exercise/play, some won't/don't eat,
maybe it's they miss their humans, get bummed out, whatever
some are scared, it's loud/noisy/lil' to no sleep or too much
being shut down/withdrawn etc.
I've experienced a lot of that with fosters & rescues
but;
they are remarkable 'how fast they recover'
a lil' love, good diet, good surroundings & fun (what we call exercise),
chasing a ball/stick/frisbee, just running or swimming (working for birds)
sometimes these dogs need a task/job, that's what they are bread for
they will come back relatively quick

good luck, you're a good man

Congrats on the new kid and sorry about your loss of Eva.

She's 'healthing up' and settling in fine....she ate the fake plant we had in this wall cubby and promptly took it's place:D

20220625_134004.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back