I'm a movie person.

SteveSS

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
I remember Robert Downey Jr. saying he was not a movie snob. He said of the movie C.H.U.D. Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers (which is considered a terrible movie.) "Hey, I'm right there with you." I'm kind of the same. I'll watch almost anything. Well, I do limit myself to about 1 RomCom a year, but action and scary movies, "Hey, I'm right there with you." I'm a real regular at RedBox. I'm not saying that I have a program that rips movies so I can watch them later or even rewatch them years later. I'm also not saying if a big movie comes out I make copies for all my friends and neighbors.

Back to the move snobbery. Today at RedBox a movie called Morbius comes out. It was a big enough release I remember TV commercials. I didn't know much about it so I looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes. 16% from Rotten Tomatoes and a 71% Audience score. That's 55 points spread by my math! All the big number movies on Rotten Tomatoes as well as those movies that are nominated and won at awards shows. I'm sure I'll never see them. Well, I guess I am a movie snob. Just snobbery against Rotten Tomatoes' favorite movies.

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
On the subject of movies, before/after Bruce Willis’ mental health diagnosis making a couple more flicks, it was said he was ‘used’ though he got paid well for doing it. Watched one of those movies over the weekend. Wow, it was bad. Most notably the dialog, not so much with him, but other characters having bad acting skills as well. Writers must have still been in the 8th grade. His dialog was always short, one-liners reportedly as he couldn’t remember lines, with his acting ability or him, somewhere else. Sad, he made some great movies..