• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm a movie person.

SteveSS

Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
I remember Robert Downey Jr. saying he was not a movie snob. He said of the movie C.H.U.D. Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers (which is considered a terrible movie.) "Hey, I'm right there with you." I'm kind of the same. I'll watch almost anything. Well, I do limit myself to about 1 RomCom a year, but action and scary movies, "Hey, I'm right there with you." I'm a real regular at RedBox. I'm not saying that I have a program that rips movies so I can watch them later or even rewatch them years later. I'm also not saying if a big movie comes out I make copies for all my friends and neighbors.

Back to the move snobbery. Today at RedBox a movie called Morbius comes out. It was a big enough release I remember TV commercials. I didn't know much about it so I looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes. 16% from Rotten Tomatoes and a 71% Audience score. That's 55 points spread by my math! All the big number movies on Rotten Tomatoes as well as those movies that are nominated and won at awards shows. I'm sure I'll never see them. Well, I guess I am a movie snob. Just snobbery against Rotten Tomatoes' favorite movies.

On the subject of movies, before/after Bruce Willis’ mental health diagnosis making a couple more flicks, it was said he was ‘used’ though he got paid well for doing it. Watched one of those movies over the weekend. Wow, it was bad. Most notably the dialog, not so much with him, but other characters having bad acting skills as well. Writers must have still been in the 8th grade. His dialog was always short, one-liners reportedly as he couldn’t remember lines, with his acting ability or him, somewhere else. Sad, he made some great movies..

As a part-time actor, I'm amazed at the truly awful movies that pop up and vanish just as quickly. And today, the Writer's Guild went on strike. Yay, fun.

On average, if the critics love the movie, the general public says it sucks. If a critic pans a film, generally it's entertaining for us movie watchers and it's good!

I've always liked Bruce Willis, and I genuinely feel sorry for the man. Dementia in its many forms is a cruel, silent stealer of life.

As a part-time actor, I'm amazed at the truly awful movies that pop up and vanish just as quickly. And today, the Writer's Guild went on strike. Yay, fun.

On average, if the critics love the movie, the general public says it sucks. If a critic pans a film, generally it's entertaining for us movie watchers and it's good!

I've always liked Bruce Willis, and I genuinely feel sorry for the man. Dementia in its many forms is a cruel, silent stealer of life.
I’ve heard a couple reasons they’re striking, I think one being all the super-short series such as Netflix and others, leaving them out of work? Back when, a TV show’s season went 20-25 episodes. Now it is 6 or 8?

Other day mentioned to my wife after we watched a show on Netflix, season of 8 episodes, leaving the story as a cliff-hanger – then find out it’s not going to be brought back. WTF. Then there’s the popular shows and no clue when the next season is coming out. 1923 is an example. Oh, might be out late this or year maybe sometime in 2024. Another WTF. In the old days we’d know the next season would be out in fall (3-4 months) or most of the time if it wasn’t going to be renewed, they’d have an END to the story. It’s like reading a novel except ya can’t finish the last three chapters…did I say WTF?

I love movies... i mainly love old bad movies... there are 2 channels on youtube i sub that posts movies a few times a week "Pizzaflix" and "Cult cinema classics" Which is where i recently saw Kansas city confidential.. loved it :)

I’ve heard a couple reasons they’re striking, I think one being all the super-short series such as Netflix and others, leaving them out of work? Back when, a TV show’s season went 20-25 episodes. Now it is 6 or 8?

Other day mentioned to my wife after we watched a show on Netflix, season of 8 episodes, leaving the story as a cliff-hanger – then find out it’s not going to be brought back. WTF. Then there’s the popular shows and no clue when the next season is coming out. 1923 is an example. Oh, might be out late this or year maybe sometime in 2024. Another WTF. In the old days we’d know the next season would be out in fall (3-4 months) or most of the time if it wasn’t going to be renewed, they’d have an END to the story. It’s like reading a novel except ya can’t finish the last three chapters…did I say WTF?
They want security against AI doing their jobs. Medical bots are already preferred to human Dr's.

They want security against AI doing their jobs. Medical bots are already preferred to human Dr's.
That's one of the biggies, right there. I know a couple of script writers that have experimented with AI - type in a plot and genre, as well as character background - and AI will produce a fairly useable product in a script format in seconds! So I can see what their concerns are.

That’s a big reason I don’t watch most of the men’s soap operas

Speaking of Bruce Willis movies I had a dream about Nancy (Jessica Alba) from Sin City last night. GD she was hot in that!

SIn City Film Nancy.jpg

AI will produce a fairly useable product in a script format in seconds
How many occupations have been taken over by technology? Some decade or so ago an admin had told displaced factory workers to go to school to become programmers, then ahh, those occupations were largely displaced to India.
When politicians can be replaced by AI – we might finally have some ‘intelligence’ in DC?

See now I liked the Bruce of Moonlighting days. His comedic timing is GREAT. Subtle, timed perfectly, quiet...just enough.

I loved Hudson Hawk, personally. Funny **** right there.

p-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F05%2FHudson-Hawk-1991.jpg

How's my driving? Call 1-800-I'm-gonna-*******-die!

1600%2FHudson%252BHawk%252BGerman%252BLobby%252B06.jpg

V5I%2FAAAAAAAAA9c%2FIDnf35zL9jE%2Fs1600%2Fhudson40.png

Drink your coffee...
%2Fbb%2F3d%2F31%2Fbb3d310daa1e633881c181216007e89f.png

How many occupations have been taken over by technology?
They all will be, then what World government will want to house, clothe, and feed billions of useless beings?

Speaking of Bruce Willis movies I had a dream about Nancy (Jessica Alba) from Sin City last night. GD she was hot in that!

View attachment 1459055

How sticky were the sheets when you woke up?

And even before it was announced what was wrong with Bruce, you could tell by his acting something wasn't right... think it started in Planet Terror... although the acting was meant to be bad in that so hard to tell.

Hollywood Movie Quality Expected To Improve Exponentially As Writers Go On Strike

May 2, 2023
645149d426bf1645149d426bf2.jpg

HOLLYWOOD, CA — An inexplicably-unforeseen outcome has begun to take form since Hollywood writers began their writer's strike to demand more writerly benefits for writers. Newly released movies and shows have improved in quality by exponential levels, packing theaters and raking in huge profits.

Millions of moviegoers have surprised critics by flocking to big screens to see films in which preachiness and intersectionality have been replaced with good storytelling.

"It was pretty jarring at first watching something not composed entirely of cookie-cutter sassy black women and gay dudes," said renewed moviegoer Michael McHale exiting a theater, "It felt wrong watching a well-written movie at first. But by the end, I was really into it, especially with the totally bonkers twist where the white guy was NOT the bad guy."

Plus, if rumors are to be believed, the world may soon be able to watch a romantic comedy involving a man and a woman who fall in love.

At publishing time, Disney had announced it would be pausing the release of movies set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe until the strike ended, causing the entire world to cry tears of joy.

They all will be, then what World government will want to house, clothe, and feed billions of useless beings?
Scary thought..

With the "writers" going on strike, it's no great loss. Seems they are only able to copy off other REAL WRITERS work. How many revisions/redos of prior shows and movies can they get away with? And as many know, if critics are for a movies it blows and vice versa.

I was looking at what's showing in our local theaters. I was surprised about how many faith-based movies are out now.

I still need to go see Wick 4.

Reeves has 380 words in the whole movie.

That's not lines - that's WORDS.

No great loss with the writers on strike, as the stuff they write is awful. How many cop shows can you write for without them all being the same?

Auto Transport Service
Back