• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm assuming this new member was/is a scammer

Only brighter red flag would be request for payment in bitcoin.

I think that a true badge of honor would be a Red X count on your post header.

I gave him my credit card number and Social Security number. He seemed like a straight shooter to me.

1 laugh 5.gif

Crap! He got me got $175 for 3 Red 440 Magnum Pie Tins!
Had me Venmo money to Brenda Hilliard at [email protected] . Uses an Email of [email protected]
Wish I'd known before sending money. He asked for $25 more to ship each one. I said leave it with FedEx and give them my address.

Update: Filed a claim with my bank. Should get a refund.

Last edited:
Had me Venmo money to Brenda Hilliard at [email protected] . Uses an Email of [email protected]
Wish I'd known before sending money. He asked for $25 more to ship each one. I said leave it with FedEx and give them my address.

Hopefully it all works out for you. Anytime someone new pops on or has no posts BE CAREFUL.

And if someone contacts you through the 'conversation' (PM) system and sends you a contact email and has no other posts on any of the forums, that right there should raise a red flag in anyone's book.

And if someone contacts you through the 'conversation' (PM) system and sends you a contact email and has no other posts on any of the forums, that right there should raise a red flag in anyone's book.
I wasn't on the forum to get the message
He contacted me again via (email deleted)

So watch out for other emails trying to join the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
He contacted me again via
You posted an ad with your email address in it? That's usually not a good idea let alone posting your email on any of the forums. Members that have Gold Membership is allowed to post their emails in an ad but we still do not recommend it. An there's no way that spammers can view your email when you are signing up to join the site.....so I'm curious how he got your email....?

He contacted me again via (email deleted)

You posted an ad with your email address in it? That's usually not a good idea let alone posting your email on any of the forums. Members that have Gold Membership is allowed to post their emails in an ad but we still do not recommend it. An there's no way that spammers can view your email when you are signing up to join the site.....so I'm curious how he got your email....?
upload_2021-11-21_13-5-51.png

Yep, not in a ad but posted on the forums anyway. It looks like Cranky deleted it but may be it was too late.

Auto Transport Service
Back