• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm running out of gas!

I'm getting my 68 coronet hardtop back together and I'm losing steam. Did the bodywork and paint so far and buffed it. Put some chrome on. I just wanted to post this to keep me motivated as I'm losing steam. Thanks

View attachment 954149

Custom Image 23052020123412.jpg

Body looks awesome and the drivetrain is in, you are so close!

It’s ok to want to take a break now and then, just don’t lose sight of the end goal!

Well, 14 posts in 5 1/2 years until today....You sure aren't spending too much time here!
I think that most of us go through periods of low motivation. There are a few remedies...
Some try methamphetmine to rev themselves up. Downside? Sudden inclination to take the car back apart, high levels of sexual desire that may include dangerous interludes with highly undesireable partners, difficulty sleeping, tooth loss, bank statement discrepancies, high speed chases on the freeway, profuse sweating on relatively cool days and occasional poor judgement.

I'm at the 1 step forward 2 back stage it seems
I know that one too well,looks sweet and you just have to push yourself to get going,once you start you will be fine. :thumbsup:

When I was restoring my 68 Coronet 500 convertible back in the mid 90's I paid way too much money for all the metal work and then body and paint and was almost in tears from the financial hit and was not motivated to do anything on the car. So I bought a car cover and covered it up, stuffed it in the garage and locked it away for almost 2 years.

Lol. One more question. Is it ok for a guy to cry in the fetal position over a restoration? Lol

You're doing a great job! It prompts me to ask how you painted your car as I am on the verge of rescuing my car from painters hell - uh, I mean prison next week. I'm looking for information on doing it myself at home. Cry? tell me about it, the last car I had done was like being pregnant for over three years! It's still like having a child that you cherish. The guy who has had my current car for over 2yrs has me so pissed off that I'm about to have a blood vessel burst in my forehead! Be glad you're not at the mercy of some shop.

You are at the fun part now ! All the crap work is done ! Fit and finish is easy!!!!
Maybe if you see pictures of others way farther out projects you'll be like wow I am close !!! View attachment 954165
And it's gotten worse as one 1)4 is mostly cut off the other is soon !!!

Is this your car? Just wondering what kind of rotisserie you would recommend. I'm planning on getting one.

1968 is my favorite year "B". Dad bought a Coronet R/T new, Bought my sister a Coronet 500 and my brother had a B5 blue 68 Coronet R/T HEMI. Of all the Mopars I've owned I never found a 68 at the right time right place.
Every project has its ups and downs. I always say "They will wait for you without question ".
My 65 Belvedere project took 10 years and way more money than it's worth but I don't care.Keeps me out of bars and chasing wild women. You got friends here, HANG IN THERE !

Last edited:
15902780765082668679024100707328.jpg

Ok guys got windshield trim clips drilled and in and dash painted. Now its Miller time! Thanks to all you guys for pushing me along!

1968 is my favorite year "B". Dad bought a Coronet R/T new, Bought my sister a Coronet 500 and my brother had a B5 blue Coronet R/T HEMI. Of all the Mopars I've owned I never found a 68 at the right time right place.
Every project has its ups and downs. I always say "They will wait for you without question ".
My 65 Belvedere project took 10 years and way more money than it's worth but I don't care.Keeps me out of bars and chasing wild women. You got friends here, HANG IN THERE !

My Grandmother had a 68 4 door slant 6 3 in the tree. That's why I bought this sweetness years ago. Shes like a time machine!

You're doing a great job! It prompts me to ask how you painted your car as I am on the verge of rescuing my car from painters hell - uh, I mean prison next week. I'm looking for information on doing it myself at home. Cry? tell me about it, the last car I had done was like being pregnant for over three years! It's still like having a child that you cherish. The guy who has had my current car for over 2yrs has me so pissed off that I'm about to have a blood vessel burst in my forehead! Be glad you're not at the mercy of some shop.
Ppg single stage omni. Alot of tears ,sanding, buffing. I will never do this again but I am proud of what I've done. It's not perfect but its mine. Lol

Well, 14 posts in 5 1/2 years until today....You sure aren't spending too much time here!
I think that most of us go through periods of low motivation. There are a few remedies...
Some try methamphetmine to rev themselves up. Downside? Sudden inclination to take the car back apart, high levels of sexual desire that may include dangerous interludes with highly undesireable partners, difficulty sleeping, tooth loss, bank statement discrepancies, high speed chases on the freeway, profuse sweating on relatively cool days and occasional poor judgement.

Don't forget renal failure and the money you save on all the groceries you don't need because you're too wound up to eat anything.

Just wondering if you're the Post Master... :)

Oh by the way I call her Barbie after my grandma.

I named my R/T SE after my father, Emmett. Generally he was the quiet, studious type, an engineer who worked for RCA and he had a very dry sense of humor that would surprise you if you didn't know him. This car does things that me and my mechanic friend can't explain and we feel like he, the car, is laughing at us, or pulling our leg(s).
DSC_9596.jpg

Is this your car? Just wondering what kind of rotisserie you would recommend. I'm planning on getting one.
Yup my pile!
The rotisserie I'm using was the cheapest thing available I think it's a roto2000
It works but I would suggest getting the one with the hyd lifts to move car up and down to make it spin! In pictures it's about spun as far as you could safly without moving it higher . I leave it low so it would fit in my garage (reg standard 20x20 garage) if I need it up all the way it's got to go outside or take the garage door opener down !
I build the plates that attach it to the car it came with just straight pipe so you got to get creative!

Don't forget renal failure and the money you save on all the groceries you don't need because you're too wound up to eat anything.

Just wondering if you're the Post Master... :)
Not sure what "Post Master" means.
I've actually never used Meth. I've known several that have though, enough to need humor to deflect the sadness I have seen.

Not sure what "Post Master" means.
I've actually never used Meth. I've known several that have though, enough to need humor to deflect the sadness I have seen.

I've heard stories from my Sheriff who pulled people over for some traffic violation and they had the needle in their arm when he came up to their window. I've lost track of how many other stories I've heard from grandparents whose daughter was in prison for drugs and they were taking care of their children, some of whom were also addicts.

My mother put the absolute fear of G O D in me when she caught me smoking in 4th grade. Never touched it again. There are many many stories of kids getting drugs from their parents. Wal Mart employees have told me about father son huffers with spray paint in the store and they end up having to go to the emergency room.
Thank God for my old school parents.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back