• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm running out of gas!

Small victory! Polished front bumper

View attachment 954669

I've been thinking about all the highs and lows I've been through with these cars. I'm probably kinda stupid and maybe retarded too :screwy:but there's something about the challenge of doing them and the satisfaction of completion. I've talked to a lot of people who won't do Mopar because it is too hard...Chevy, easy and cheap, Mustang, easy and cheap. it's still the same amount of work but the finished car is, well, you be the judge. I know which one I'd rather have and many Chevy guys have confessed to me that they wish they had a Mopar.
I have a beautiful '70 Hemi 'Cuda 4 speed, Dana rear end (all original sheet metal Barracuda with a date correct original Hemi driveline.) It was already done, it's a really good job, it runs great (probably the most reliable car I have) and the only reason I bought it is because I could tell by the photos the paint was fabulous and the guy selling it was offering it at an insanely cheap price. I have taken it to shows with no intention of winning anything and it has won multiple BOS.
I like showing my cars and there is much more satisfaction winning big awards with a car I busted my *** on than one that was done by someone else.
:blah::blah::blah: I learned to do things like restoring seats from the frame up because I didn't want to wait for some guy to do them. Talk about wanting to cry, that is a brutal job. But I have done three sets and will continue to do them myself. Install carpeting, consoles, restore seat belts, polish stainless trim, and more, and I'm going to do a better job because I give a **** about my car.
My current car is an AC car and I'm rebuilding the AC heater box. I'm determined to have that system work! And not get :jackoff: from some shop that tells me my AC heater system worked in the shop but for some reason doesn't work since I picked it up...:cursin::soapbox::mad::cursin:.

Even with all the heart ache, and the more you love them the greater the pain, I'm looking forward to getting the current car, the Fritz R/T done and then on to the the next one (I've already taken some stuff out of it to keep it safe and treated the roof rust), Bruno.

Here's an encouraging video :):

and this is inspirational...the key word is DODGE!

Stupid question: that bumper was in good shape to begin with, right? Or did you get it rechromed?
I bought repos about 5 years ago. I think from classic industries. I'm not all that impressed with them. I would ask the guys on this site to find the best quality repop.

I've been thinking about all the highs and lows I've been through with these cars. I'm probably kinda stupid and maybe retarded too :screwy:but there's something about the challenge of doing them and the satisfaction of completion. I've talked to a lot of people who won't do Mopar because it is too hard...Chevy, easy and cheap, Mustang, easy and cheap. it's still the same amount of work but the finished car is, well, you be the judge. I know which one I'd rather have and many Chevy guys have confessed to me that they wish they had a Mopar.
I have a beautiful '70 Hemi 'Cuda 4 speed, Dana rear end (all original sheet metal Barracuda with a date correct original Hemi driveline.) It was already done, it's a really good job, it runs great (probably the most reliable car I have) and the only reason I bought it is because I could tell by the photos the paint was fabulous and the guy selling it was offering it at an insanely cheap price. I have taken it to shows with no intention of winning anything and it has won multiple BOS.
I like showing my cars and there is much more satisfaction winning big awards with a car I busted my *** on than one that was done by someone else.
:blah::blah::blah: I learned to do things like restoring seats from the frame up because I didn't want to wait for some guy to do them. Talk about wanting to cry, that is a brutal job. But I have done three sets and will continue to do them myself. Install carpeting, consoles, restore seat belts, polish stainless trim, and more, and I'm going to do a better job because I give a **** about my car.
My current car is an AC car and I'm rebuilding the AC heater box. I'm determined to have that system work! And not get :jackoff: from some shop that tells me my AC heater system worked in the shop but for some reason doesn't work since I picked it up...:cursin::soapbox::mad::cursin:.

Even with all the heart ache, and the more you love them the greater the pain, I'm looking forward to getting the current car, the Fritz R/T done and then on to the the next one (I've already taken some stuff out of it to keep it safe and treated the roof rust), Bruno.

Here's an encouraging video :):

and this is inspirational...the key word is DODGE!

Thanks for the encouraging message. It does feel good to look at a job you did well. The problem is when it doesn't come out right the first 5 times lol

You’re doing a great job, and even if you only work on it an hour or so at a time, it all adds up. You watch, you’ll be driving it in no time. It will never be done, satisfy yourself with that notion, but also in the fact that you will know every corner of this car, and be able to correct things much easier as they come up. Now, get out in that garage and kick on some Double Live Gonzo and get bizzy!

I bought repos about 5 years ago. I think from classic industries. I'm not all that impressed with them. I would ask the guys on this site to find the best quality repop.

You might want to look at Tri City Plating. My 'Cuda didn't have bumpers and got a set from them. I don't think they're repops. I had just driven the car so there are bugs on the bumper:
DSC_5299.jpg
DSC_5313.jpg

Thanks for the encouraging message. It does feel good to look at a job you did well. The problem is when it doesn't come out right the first 5 times lol

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say been there done that. Think of it as good practice. Be glad you're the one doing it and not some shop that's charging you for screwing it up and may stick it together with chewing gum to keep it together long enough to get it out the door. I had a really big show to get ready for and was doing my first set of Charger seats. Hog ringing covers is a hemorrhoid the first time but I didn't have the cover on the seat back in the right place and it took about 4 times to redo it and get it right. There is no fudging that I can see on those covers. If you don't have it right, it's obvious.
Don't wimp out now! I think you'll regret it later.

Going through some pics. Here is what she looked like when I got her home

FB_IMG_1590425784806.jpg FB_IMG_1590425759022.jpg

Going through some pics. Here is what she looked like when I got her home

View attachment 955083 View attachment 955084

so, how is that not motivation right there!^^^^ Just look how far you’ve come, and how close you are to being ready to drive it? You are at the best part of a build, when you do something to it and it is finished. The floor pan may be repaired, but when you put the carpet in, the floor pan is finished and you can stand back and look with satisfaction that you’ll be looking at the nice carpet for the next how many miles? Go get em, Tiger! You are really on a roll, you just have to step back and see it!

so, how is that not motivation right there!^^^^ Just look how far you’ve come, and how close you are to being ready to drive it? You are at the best part of a build, when you do something to it and it is finished. The floor pan may be repaired, but when you put the carpet in, the floor pan is finished and you can stand back and look with satisfaction that you’ll be looking at the nice carpet for the next how many miles? Go get em, Tiger! You are really on a roll, you just have to step back and see it!
Thank you. All you guys out there that helped me with advice and encouragement.

Wow, your car is a girl? Mine have really big nuts, not tits. :)

My Pastor, Dewayne Walker, did a really good sermon Sun morning about quitting. It's on youtube if you're interested (Mt. Olivet Baptist in Lex KY). My church is one of the few left in KY that still has an addiction ministry (80% closed because other churches didn't want to get their hands dirty...). He deals with people that frequently quit. He recalls when he was a pitcher on a baseball team and at a game he told the coach he didn't feel like pitching. Ultimately he realized he didn't want to be a quitter and has taken that to heart ever since. Believe me, he encounters situations with addicts that I can't possibly imagine - don't know if you can - that would make most people quit (and they have).
Ask yourself how you would feel if you did give up. My comment would be: that's easy, anyone can do that - and do! Can you live with that? Here's my car. I almost finished it but gave up! I've heard stories like that. How's that working out? What will you give up on next?

Just my opinion: don't be a puke.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back