• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image or picture library?

funknut

Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
I find myself trying to figure out how stuff "should" be on my car and spend a lot of time looking for pics or images of what's correct. If there was a way to flip through a bunch of pics organized into categories that could be really helpful. For example, my radiator support is tweaked and I'm trying to figure out what it should look like. When I was redoing the engine bay brake lines someone posted a pic that was very helpful and had been posted a bunch of other times, I just wasn't able to find it. Consolidating those pics somewhere could be a very helpful resource.

Something that might be really helpful is an image library reference that people could upload pics to for documentation purposes. If it could be organized with the same hierarchy as the forums that would be awesome. For example, different folders of pics of interior, electrical, body, etc. Or maybe one big image repository but images could be tagged with year, model, factory option code, etc. Say you're looking for info on "1969 roadrunner N96", for example. Users could upvote/downvote images to add ratings so that incorrect pics could be flagged and the users would effectively curate the images without a lot of need for someone to spend time doing it.

There's so much great info on this site, the hardest part for me is trying to find it, and in particular the images.

Thanks!

My thread in the restoration section Which has a “restoration tool” section. That section is broken down by categories. It may or may not have all that you need but is very comprehensive.

A wonderful member here named Anthony created that tool..

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back