• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In case any of you didn't believe my unicorn 1 of none RP23J story -

YY1

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Plymo...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

This is the car I almost bought twice in the early 1990's.

First time the asking price was $500.

Second time was $1500.

I was about 21 years old with a 70 Super Bee (which was $1500 running and driving), barely above a minimum wage job and no garage. A thousand bucks was a LOT of money to spend on a project car with no engine that would sit and rust in the driveway for years.

It was offered a third time around the turn of the century for $3500, but I was still not in a position to buy and hold.

dfq.jpg

VIN.jpg

Ive been told try not have stars in your eyes when you look to buy a classic car but that 67 convertible is really nice and id say priced reasonable.
Of course a trip to actually see it is required but from the pictures I really like what I see.

Ive been told try not have stars in your eyes when you look to buy a classic car but that 67 convertible is really nice and id say priced reasonable.
Of course a trip to actually see it is required but from the pictures I really like what I see.
It's not a ragtop Steve....

Nope. 20K is still more than I can throw around for a project car without severely wincing, even though I'd drive it as is with a 69 440 I do have "laying around" until I could score a "matching numbers" 67 Hemi.
(which would probably be another 10-20K)

Had I bought at $500, a 20K sale would have been a 40x return.

A lot of people don't believe that story, and many don't even understand why it's kind of a big deal.

This is a car that was never supposed to be built and not even recognized by Chrysler as ever actually being built until decades after the fact.

It's even more of an odd deal than those 1966 4 door Hemi Coronets.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hopefully Spade had the sensibility to NOT trash a real 67 X, since he is a Mopar guy.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hopefully Spade had the sensibility to NOT trash a real 67 X, since he is a Mopar guy.
Hopefully just a clone that was rattle canned.

So this car your talking about was THE only 67 Satty with a Hemi?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Plymo...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

This is the car I almost bought twice in the early 1990's.

First time the asking price was $500.

Second time was $1500.

I was about 21 years old with a 70 Super Bee (which was $1500 running and driving), barely above a minimum wage job and no garage. A thousand bucks was a LOT of money to spend on a project car with no engine that would sit and rust in the driveway for years.

It was offered a third time around the turn of the century for $3500, but I was still not in a position to buy and hold.

View attachment 716234
View attachment 716235
Wow, unless that tag was a fubar (it happens) 1967 5th digit J = 426 ci. tag looks legit, got all 13 spaces. I take it the engine was long gone...

Engine has been missing since at least 1988.

...of course any 1967 Hemi with a date code earlier than the SPD of the car is the original engine!

I was in until around 10K.

Damn
A "J-Code" for $500 in the 90s?

WOW!
I did the same, a FORCED move from the Mother-Land of All Air Force bases, Wright-Patterson AFB Dayto OH to Edwards AFB, Mojave Desert, 1994...a Government Seizure Auction from a Drug Lord, IRS Cheat and he had a 1966 Hemi (J-Code) Belvedere, auto car, Yellow, a Pale Yellow...Gorgeous car and it bid to $2K

I'll never forget it, but I passed....
I say mortgage the home and get it!

...and not just any J code...

A J code 67 GTX is literally "run of the mill" compared to this.

This also brings up my other "unicorn story" about the J code 69 Road Runner convertible we found around the same time.

A friend of mine actually did buy that for $500 (actually he traded a 1977 Power Wagon for it that he had paid $750 for, but the asking price on the RR was $500) It was one of 10.

I'm actually still a bit pissed about that one because i was the guy who kept bringing up that we should all go look at the RR vert under the tree down that one street, and finally when we did we discovered it was a hemi car, my friend bough it, sold it three weeks later for 10K and blew the money in 2 months. had it been me, I'd still have it.

...and not just any J code...

A J code 67 GTX is literally "run of the mill" compared to this.
At half the price of the X.....

Unicorns are what they are complete BS.....

Auto Transport Service
Back