• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In need of a 1970 440 rear A/C bracket - pic enclosed

Ron Malmsten

Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
bracket.jpg

I had something like that at one time but not sure if it would be the same. If I still have it, it is from a 1975 440 out of a New Yorker. I will try and take a look tonight for you.

Last edited:
Is it the cast iron piece or the stamped steel one? They used so many different bracket back in those days

He's looking for the stamped steel bracket used from 68-72.. The 73 & up bracket is different... I have a couple 383 ones but gave the 440 one I had to a friend...

I had something like that at one time but not sure if it would be the same. If I still have it, it is from a 1975 440 out of a New Yorker. I will try and take a look tonight for you.
I did look and I no longer have a bracket at all. It sounds like from previous posts' that what I had wouldn't work with your compressor anyway. I hope you find one soon!!

That's the front bracket, He's looking for the rear bracket... The one with the red arrow pointing at it...

From Skitch.png

This bracket shouldn't be that hard to find.. It was used on 440's in C bodies too... So all those 68-72 C body donor engines sitting around likely still have the A/C compressor still bolted to the engine

For a friends 440 charger we could not find a rear RB ac bracket. So I took a 383 bracket and cut .750" out of it and re welded back where it fit. You could do the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back