• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In need of an A/C condenser. What models are the same as my RT?

B5bird

Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
I need to be able to broaden my search for a condenser for my 71 R/T charger. There may be other models with the same A/C condenser that has the correct mount locations and the same lines entering and exiting the unit. Check out my picture and comment, Thanks

DSCN3218.JPG

Have you checked with Classic Auto Air on Kennedy Blvd in Tampa? They have a large warehouse of ac stuff.

I need to be able to broaden my search for a condenser for my 71 R/T charger. There may be other models with the same A/C condenser that has the correct mount locations and the same lines entering and exiting the unit. Check out my picture and comment, Thanks

View attachment 512225

Classic for my '71. They have it for yours

thumbnail_20170227_171733_resized.jpg

I got long time ago from ebay an EXACT reproduction to my 74 in aluminium. Soon to be installed. And I really meant EXACT QUITE PERFECT piece. Being aluminium will be an upgrade

Nacho, Does yours still have the original box to where you can tell the manufacturer? Have you got a picture for me ? Im trying to keep this car original in appearance. The one that classic Auto Air makes has both line connections at the top or opposite sides. You can see my original and the placement of the lines. Part of this inquiry is to see what other cars may have the same unit. Thanks again

my car is thousand of miles from my home place being at body shop. I still have both condensers. The aluminium one is not installed yet and the original iron one was on car yet when I drove my car to that body shop. I can't recall if the manufacturer brand was stamped on box... I will try to find it on ebay. I remember was on $220 rate or so

really is an EXACT piece or really really really close. If some difference is unnoticeable. I was searching for the same than you. This aluminium piece is a great upgrade also to run R134a gas ( which I'm running )

I remember the seller showing the condenser over a red backing... same seller than the previous reply so pretty much the same seller I bought from... just that I got it for 74 ( which changes the outlets setup ) and was still natural color not painted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Plymouth-Belvedere-NOS-AC-Condenser-72-a-c-NEW-OEM/231663984276?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=46087&meid=a85e00fd47e440a2a69fee69f6f4ddd8&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=6&sd=232435448200&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

maybe there is a cheaper source for the same piece ? can't tell it. Maybe rockauto have them ? dunno

Wow I haven't seen that before. I will call to make sure of the fitment but the lines look right. They don't include a 71 in the cars listed that this one will work with but it looks dead on. Thanks

That one seems to be the parallel tubing kind, not like the original serpent kind

Well Nacho, it bolted right up, no mods needed compared to the one that was a "universal" fit sent to me. Least this one didn't need to be modified either by the condenser or on my car and I figured it would be hard to see the whole thing when it's in the car.

Not saying won't fit as a perfect replacement, just saying is not the original look like the OP is searching ;). Has being told the parallel tubing kind ( I think that's how it calls? ) performs better than the original serpent kind one though

Auto Transport Service
Back