• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In need of new aftermarket shifter - Recommendations please

64plybelvwgn

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
When I bought my 65 Belvedere it had, beforehand, been sitting for a while. I don't like the B&M Quicksilver shifter at all and want to replace it with something more up to date and easier to work with. The 727 still has a normal P R N D 2 1 pattern so do not have to go into something radical. Was considering Turbo-Action since I see them in a lot of retro builds, but suggestions and success with others would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance. Ted

Is this a daily driver or a track car?

The ones recommended here seem more suited for track duty. Cheetah, PPP, TA... Look and function great in rollbar cars but kinda outta place in anything else, IMHO.

I think Summit and Jegs now sell their own brand that looks similar to PPP.

Have you looked at a winters shifter? Its a gated shifter vs the ratchet quicksilver.

Is this a daily driver or a track car?

The ones recommended here seem more suited for track duty. Cheetah, PPP, TA... Look and function great in rollbar cars but kinda outta place in anything else, IMHO.

I think Summit and Jegs now sell their own brand that looks similar to PPP.

Have you looked at a winters shifter? Its a gated shifter vs the ratchet quicksilver.

While I think someone may have wanted to give the impression it's a track car, for me it will only see cruise-night use. Where I live there isn't a track within 100 miles ( NED, Lebanon ) so highly unlikely
( though I did get a People's Choice trophy at Lebanon Valley for my 64 wagon...which is before I had a stroke and sold it. )

Thanks for the info on Winters. I will look into that. Very much appreciated .

P1250014_crop.jpg

Myself I use the B & M Pro Stick and I love it. Its cheap and so simple to use and works great. This one has been in my 63 since 2006 and still working great. Ron

407583081.jpg

Myself I use the B & M Pro Stick and I love it. Its cheap and so simple to use and works great. This one has been in my 63 since 2006 and still working great. Ron

407583081.jpg
Great, than you for the reply. I will look at the Pro-Stick as well.

I run cheetah's in both my cars. Enters trans from the rear so that a plus. And there no bulshit ratcheting to change gears.

I run cheetah's in both my cars. Enters trans from the rear so that a plus. And there no bulshit ratcheting to change gears.
Thanks for the info. I also do not like the racheting action.

when I had my 65 I used a Hurst Quarter stick worked great

My buddy just Had the Same Guy who built mine custom fit it to his factory Console Looks amazing !!!

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back