• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indy ez heads

Aron Gleason

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting Indy ez 295 heads, was wanting to know what head gaskets they sell in there package? And if I can use fel pro head gaskets? And what head bolts are recommended with those heads? What pushrods would I need?

Ez series are for A bodies
F P 1009 are great
Push rods are custom length
Lots of good used available
Rocker geometry is crucial
Quality of rockers is determined by spring pressure mostly

The finish on your block and heads will determine if a FelPro or MLS is required. They do not supply gaskets with their heads. If you buy a "kit" it will include Manley head bolts. Tell them to give you a credit for those and buy ARPs instead. Likewise with their pushrods which are crap - the ball ends don't fit any lifter I know of and they are "cut to fit" which is a pain in the ***. Buy a pair of checker pushrods and bolt on your heads and figure what length you need and order from a reputable supplier. You will most likely have to grind the heads for pushrod clearance.

Personally, I'd call up Dwayne Porter In Burlington, Vermont and order the heads from him. He'll prep them properly.

Ok, I just looked at the Indy catalog and its confusing to say the least. They specify the "Little EZ" and "Big EZ" for A-bodies and the rest (presumably) for any other body style. But when you look at the "kits" they reference the heads differently and make no mention of body style.

To say the "EZ series" is for A-bodies only is incorrect - I have EZ-1's in my B-body with no problems.

I'd be on the phone with them before committing!

I THINK it has to do with the exhaust port location. The EZ heads use the stock location, and the other Indys are raised. The stock location is better for header fit in A bodies.

Then this all makes no sense. If the EZ (little EZ and big EZ) has a stock exhaust port location - which Indy claims - then why are guys whining that it won't work in B-bodies? Maybe the rest of the head lineup won't work in A-bodies but the EZ should sure as hell work in B-bodies as well as A-bodies!

Who whined that they wouldn't work in a b body??? That's weird.

I'm planning on getting Indy ez 295 heads, was wanting to know what head gaskets they sell in there package? And if I can use fel pro head gaskets? And what head bolts are recommended with those heads? What pushrods would I need?
I do not know what head gaskets they sell in their kit. If they have head gaskets in their kit call them and ask.

Yes you can use Fel-Pro gaskets.

This is a head bolt set for Indy heads.......
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/arp-145-3607/make/dodge

Push rods will need to be measured for your application. This pushrod measuring tool is for rockers with ball end adjusting screws.....
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jes-tol-29425

Duh ... order a longer one !! You actually might have to look it up yourself to find the right p/n !!!

Auto Transport Service
Back